Help recognising 8bit games

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Help recognising 8bit games

Post by Commie_User »

Hmmm. I can't say I noticed any dullness in the C64 picture when I got it, more appreciative comfort after having my retinas grazed by other machines.

And I think the tones of most Tramiel machines were ahead of their times. They matched TV pictures and photos, with today's videogames just as easy to watch without any need to switch the TV's colour off.

That's what our family did when confronted by the vibrant , un-dull, definitely not browny or lacking in  luminesence Teleng Colourstars.
That's what our family did when confronted by the vibrant , un-dull, definitely not browny or lacking in luminesence Teleng Colourstars.
Aaaaaaagh... my eyes are BURNIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG.JPG (13.06 KiB) Viewed 6365 times

Well that was a mock rant, wasn't it.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

it wasn't "dullness" so much, rather the dominance of certain hues within the C64's pallette.
The Von Braun
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by The Von Braun »

Looking back at both the A8 and the C64 as i have been these past few months, odd how your mind plays tricks.I never considered a lot of C64 games to have a 'washed out' look to them, but when i watch '8 Bit wars' type comparison video's, C64 versions often give that impression.

When it's dealing with A8 versions, you can tell which versions were coded on A8 (Elktraglide looks far more vibrant than the murky C64 version), but A8 coders seemed to love using orange and brown in games (technical reason i wonder?) and some bizzare choices in A8 Arkanoid.Plus i read in Atari User review at the time, Basil The Great Mouse Dect. used 16 shades of brown!.People moan about todays FPS being various shades of brown.....
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I just had a Shamus, Preppie and Protector Flashback :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?