Sweet

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, if anything Lala i have to say well done on the biggest thread of the year. haha!

Controversy, always works. LOL
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

LaLa wrote:
Peacemaker wrote:if waiting for the "Ultimate" cover of a sid, then i suggest you that you remix the tune by yourself ;)

you know best what the remix should sound like..
I'd love to, but I lack the skills and the time.

But I may commission Reyn Ouwehand to do it for me. :D
then you need to improve skill...
there are no excuses
:P
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Tas wrote:Over the years i've come to notice there are two sets of fans...

Purists, and creativists (yeah i made that word up).
There are two sets of people. The ones who believe there are two sets of fans and the ones who don't. The set that unites the two sets is the set of people that like quality. :)

I have observed someone say that he doesn't like a particular remix, then when queried further it turned out he didn't like anything but the original. At that point I have to question whether he really likes the music or just the nerd phenomenon. (Note, I don't believe LaLa to be in this category, I also had a mixed impression of the remix.) It is possible to be both creative and capture the feel of the original and it is not uncommon I believe, for a recreation to surpass the original, of course the opposite is also true, perhaps more often.

Perhaps it also matters how creative the listener is in recognizing patterns. If the listener is not creative he might not pick up on the similarities with the original, kind of like with the remake of wizball by Gustav Taxen which received very mixed reviews.