jgb - Delta (borst remix) - YADR

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

jgb - Delta (borst remix) - YADR

Post by jgb »

http://remix.kwed.org/download.php/2347 ... mix%29.mp3

Yet Another Delta Remix (YADR), but hey! It's my first C64-remix. :) . Took some time to finish this one, but now there is no return. Sorry for the lack of ID3-tags, I mastered the tune too many times, and forgot to fill in the info in the final version.

Gear used:
Elektron Monomachine for lead, chords, bass, arpeggio type extras
Elektron Machinedrum for drums
Korg MS-20 for FX
Korg MS-10 for FX
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Well worth a Image

Though judging from your headgear, I expected something more ...hmmm... silly... ...something like... chicken? :wink:

As for the ID-tags:
Guys, please fill in those info! I still got some tunes on my hdd with cryptic names *no remixer, no original composer & no info on the tune*.
Ok, the RKO ones DO have info but ID-tags are blank in many cases.

If you don't know what to write just add your shoe size or something... nah, just something useful e.g. e-mail-address for feedback or so. Not filling in some info in ID-tags feels like you don't care for your stuff...
All is lost.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

ID3 tags, dagnabbit!

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Vosla wrote:As for the ID-tags:
Guys, please fill in those info! I still got some tunes on my hdd with cryptic names *no remixer, no original composer & no info on the tune*.
Ok, the RKO ones DO have info but ID-tags are blank in many cases.

If you don't know what to write just add your shoe size or something... nah, just something useful e.g. e-mail-address for feedback or so. Not filling in some info in ID-tags feels like you don't care for your stuff...
I have been thinking about making ID3 v2 tags on new uploads compulsory under the zero-tolerance policy (for those not in the know this boils down to: "No ID3 tag == Instant deletion"). Would ease sticking the tunes on my iPod too. :D

Anyway, just added it to my todo list so I'll get on it next week. Time for some R&R for the rest of the week starting tomorrow.

(As a side note I'll have to agree with you that more than often one gets the impression that some arrangers can't be arsed to polish off their submissions before submitting, be it the mastering process or the ID3 tags.)
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: ID3 tags, dagnabbit!

Post by Slaygon »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Would ease sticking the tunes on my iPod too. :D
It would certainly help SLAY Radio too.
I went through all the tunes I have in the playlist (1856 of them to be exact), and ID3 tagged and renamed the lot.
Took me longer than I had wished for, even with the help of a ID3 tag program (which also renames the files.)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:I have been thinking about making ID3 v2 tags on new uploads compulsory under the zero-tolerance policy
Sounds reasonable enough to me. It's not exactly rocket science to put the tag in, is it? Even Winamp 2.8 upwards can do it.

I'd also recommend this guideline, sort of:

DO:
Check that the tune you are submitting isn't itself a cover. You can do this by checking the STIL (SID Tune Information List) at http://stil.c64.org/. Also, if you have HVSC installed, simply configure your SID player to automatically display STIL entries for each tune. Please consult the documentation with your SID player for more information.

Note to Slaygon: SIDFind doesn't display STIL entries at the moment. Any reason why?

Anyhoo, enjoy the R&R Jan, just don't be too tempted to purchase a shed load of DVDs at play.com when you get back, now they ship to .dk. Woohoo!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

Could some moderator move the ID3-discussion to a separate thread perhaps?
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

wazzaw wrote:Note to Slaygon: SIDFind doesn't display STIL entries at the moment. Any reason why?
Yeah.
I kinda broke that when I was experimenting with other stuff, and then I just never got around to fixing it. I have Morpheus breathing down my neck about SIDFind too. I will fix that soonish.

And now back on track:
Umf-umf-umf-umf-umf... That's about how I first reacted to this remix... Great job there jgb!
The "original" version you played live on SLAY Radio is still my favourite though. Just because it was the first real live exclusive on the stream ;)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Slaygon wrote:And now back on track:
Umf-umf-umf-umf-umf... That's about how I first reacted to this remix... Great job there jgb!
The "original" version you played live on SLAY Radio is still my favourite though. Just because it was the first real live exclusive on the stream ;)
You're right, that version isn't bad, either! Good job on that, jgb! I have that version somewhere on a cd (hdd still dead). :)
All is lost.
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Slaygon wrote:The "original" version you played live on SLAY Radio is still my favourite though. Just because it was the first real live exclusive on the stream ;)
Yes, I was listening to the two versions before the Sunday show, and I think the Borst mix is good because it's the "studio" mix, but the live one is great because we were all there watching you press all the knobs and buttons and this amazing sound was coming out of the Monostation. The live one does it for me!
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Boz wrote:Yes, I was listening to the two versions before the Sunday show, and I think the Borst mix is good because it's the "studio" mix, but the live one is great because we were all there watching you press all the knobs and buttons and this amazing sound was coming out of the Monostation. The live one does it for me!
My feelings exactly. ;)
Both versions are great though.

Btw Boz:
SID Station
monomachine

Took me a while to sort that out in my head too. *grin*

I'm dense.
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Slaygon wrote:Btw Boz:
SID Station
monomachine

Took me a while to sort that out in my head too. *grin*

I'm dense.
D'OH! Hehe... Well, I'll just call it the MonoSIDStationMachine. No confusion then :wink:
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

Awwwright. The next remix will be a rough thing, played on Slaygon's kitchenware, put through a multiband distorsion thingie, add to that some hooligans chanting "Rob Hubbard is God!" and some booming tribal drums... or not. ;)

The live version has better tweaking of the bass line, is four bpms slower (136 instead of 140) plus drums from the Monomachine. Those drums have been put through the filters of the MS-10 and MS-20 in the "borst" remix. For added sschploirkingggg-frra-frr-frri sounds, that is. :)
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

jgb wrote:sschploirkingggg-frra-frr-frri sounds, that is. :)
Funny how that translates into both Swedish AND English., and means the same thing. :wink:
Zzapback
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzapback »

Boz wrote:
jgb wrote:sschploirkingggg-frra-frr-frri sounds, that is. :)
Funny how that translates into both Swedish AND English., and means the same thing. :wink:
sschploirkingggg-frra-frr-frri??

Hey! I understand that! :D
The future is Retro...(sorta)
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

Oh my! I think we have found the universal language that everyone can understand! :mrgreen: