Marauder remix... Finally.

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Marauder remix... Finally.

Post by Maindrian »

Yeah, it's not a finished remix, but I'd really like your opinions. Remember that little tune by Barry Lietch that I could never get to work no matter how many times I tried? I had another go.

It's Marauder, done apropriatly enough, in a retro John Carpenter style. This marks my first attempt at at remix with absolutely no guitars whatsoever, so I'm curious to see what you guys think of it. And also, any suggestions for improvement.

http://vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=2200
Great, another set of strings ruined...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Sounding good so far. If anything, it needs to be more dramatic and darker.

(One idea about the intro - layer some sound FX in there. Thunder, explosions, gun shots. Give it a kick start.)
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
XGener8or
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by XGener8or »

Wow. this is really fantastic. I love John Carpenter's music and this is a terrific homage. I think it's perfect right now. No need to mess around with it anymore. :wink:
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

merman wrote:Sounding good so far. If anything, it needs to be more dramatic and darker.
Some organs? Uhm, cliché, i guess.
(One idea about the intro - layer some sound FX in there. Thunder, explosions, gun shots. Give it a kick start.)
Quick footsteps, grunts, muffled screaming, sinister laughing, perhaps? Oops, cliché again. Though a bit cliché wouldn't be bad. :wink:
Nice work, so far. I like some Carpenter horror music (especially halloween).
Last edited by Vosla on 05/09/2004 - 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
All is lost.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Is it Georgio Marauder that you are trying to style this after? If so what is missing is the Ambience sounds a bit dry for a Georgio Marauder tune.

Try applying some type of "Dark Hall" effect or "Church Hall" effects, to give it that ambience.

Listen to some tunes from Vangelis or the SoundTrack for "Cat People" by Georgio Marauder as an example.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

I think you're thinking of Giorgio Moroder. He who scored "Scarface"? No I'm not going for his sound. I don't particuarly like any of his soundtracks. My sister drives me insane with the "Flashdance" OST. Yuck.

This is based on the video game, Marauder. Hope that clears it up.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

:oops: hehehehe :oops:

I just finished hearing the original sid

I stand by my original post. it needs a bit of ambience. add some Hall effects on either some of the instruments individualy or the entire piece.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

nice and plesent on the ear!
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

God, here's a depressing thought. My computer has died horribly in a messy and tragic hal.dll. corruption. Whatever the f*ck that means. From what I can tell, I can't re-start my computer without re-installing that file. However, I have to be able to start my computer to install it, so it's a joyous Catch 22 situation. I'm angry. :evil:

This means I cannot get at the work file for this remix. I've either lost it, or just wont be able to touch it for a while. Gah!
Eliot
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Eliot »

Maindrian wrote:hal.dll. corruption. Whatever the f*ck that means.
HAL = Hardware Abstraction Layer.
Seems to be a hardware problem. Maybe memory, cables (from/to harddiscs), cpu, chipset.
You may try to save your work on an other machine first, just plug your discs in ;-)
next time think about to have a spare-disc, where u can backup any of your important datas.

regards,

Eliot
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Or having cheap backups regularly on CD...
Without my "Daily Shit"-Series of CD-Backups I would have lost all my stuff with 3 HDDs gone to hell this year alone.
(If you wonder...Yeah I got sh*tty equipment. Second hand or worse.)
All is lost.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Shit, shit, shit, shitting, shit-a-bugger-bum-poo. I am angrier still.

Its gone. I lost everything on my harddrive. This is the second remix I've lost to my crappy computer. Worse still, I was actually enjoying working on this one. Oh well, I'll fade the unfinished version out at the end and keep it for myself as a time-passer. I wish a bloody and violent death to the creators of Windows XP.

Anybody here ever lost a remix like that? One you put so much effort into, only to have completely destroyed? :evil:
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

A bit offtopic, but my brother (using XP) formatted an HDD with FAT32 and handed me over the drive (with some nice stuff on it). Thanks, bro!

All worked fine until I tried to rename the little bugger. Next bootup, all was gone?! FAT-table was blank, copy was blank. :shock:
Reformatted the darn thing and next time I changed the partition label - *WHOOSH!* - all data gone. What the f***??? :evil:
Ok, you pile of ogre-dung! It's FDISK time! Killed all partition data, formatted it with FAT32 under WinME. Voilà!!! Works without twitching a bit!

Seems XP can't handle FAT32 so well and f*cks up great time with it. (And NO it's not a user problem, my brother & myself are IT-professionals!) :?

Heard that XP also likes to trash 120GB drives.
All is lost.
Eliot
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Eliot »

Maindrian wrote:Anybody here ever lost a remix like that? One you put so much effort into, only to have completely destroyed? :evil:
I lost some important data due buggy sata-pata converter ;-)
So I have now two extra spare hdds for backup and of course a cd and dvd burner :-)

I guess it has nothing to do with XP... if you have pata hdds use shielded round-cables, they will help to keep your datas because some of the 80pin flat-cables are junk and break easily.

For more stable working I still recommand to use w2k, it may not have all the features of xp, but its more stable.

Eliot.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Eliot wrote:For more stable working I still recommand to use w2k, it may not have all the features of xp, but its more stable.
Eliot.
At least more stable than XP Home Edition :wink:
All is lost.