Unable to upload a file to RKO

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
asdf

Unable to upload a file to RKO

Post by asdf »

Hi guys

I'm unable to upload my lates remix (Bruce Lee btw) - the server tells me it's a wrong file type. again and again. Believe me it's an MP3, and Jan, unlike his usual hasn't replied. What to do? never had any problem before.

Doron
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

No idea but whatever you do, always post a link to your remix here first, then we can get to it before the queue gets dequeued. :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Could be anything.. like exo says, if you could upload the mix somewhere and link to it here, then the kind people of this forum might then be able to give you an indication.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Unable to upload a file to RKO

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

asdf wrote:I'm unable to upload my lates remix (Bruce Lee btw) - the server tells me it's a wrong file type. again and again. Believe me it's an MP3, and Jan, unlike his usual hasn't replied. What to do? never had any problem before.
Sorry to not get back to your e-mail, Doron. Was swamped with e-mail for a while, so I couldn't get back to everyone.

As for your problem; did you switch MP3 encoder since you last submitted something succesfully? If not then your file has probably fallen victim to the upload automation that was introduced a while back. Basically the upload engine is now using the "getID3()" php script (http://www.getid3.org) to set tags and extract metadata. According to what I could dig up some encoders generate mp3 files that aren't 100% compliant with the file format (some versions of LAME are affected according to LMan). WinAMP and the like has no problem with this issue as they will play valid frames and skip anything else.

In short: try another encoder. If that doesn't work, complain to the getID3() team.