First post - Amiga dance remixes

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Mark Wright
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

First post - Amiga dance remixes

Post by Mark Wright »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, after many years of loitering...

I'm a DJ in the UK (Brighton) and have decided to make some silly filtered house versions of old Amiga tunes to play out within my sets, just because it amuses me to see punters dance to old Amiga tunes...

People will dance to anything after a while... ...for some reason... ;-)

My first such mess-around is with the classic Firefox/Tip "Enigma" soundtrack. As you will hear, it's not finished yet (just a test), but since we're all starved of Amiga remixes compared to the C64 scene, I thought I'd share it to get some reaction and feedback on whether it's worth me uploading any more stuff?

If you like this, you can request the next one I make!

This is also my first experience with Rapidshare, so please let me know if you're able to download it.

Linky:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13371745/ENI ... S.mp3.html

Mark Wright

(ex-Kerni/Magnetic Fields/Digital/Silents UK)
(ex-DeeJay99/Lazarus)
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Hi Mark,

It takes a few clicks to download from Rapidshare but not too much hassle for me.

I am curious as to which track you were using as the beat on this remix - it sounds really nice :) Was this produced live or are you using something like ACID or Traktor?

It sounds pretty good to me and takes me back to when I went out clubbing - shame you didnt come to our Back-In-Time Live Brighton event :)

My suggestion for the next remix would be Travolta - Condom Corruption - that should be a challenge seeing the tempo changes several times in there :D
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

So it's not the former England footballer Mark Wright then? ;)
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

merman wrote:So it's not the former England footballer Mark Wright then? ;)
FOOTBORE
DJ Skitz
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey Mark, you're the guy who uploaded the KICK ASS Speccy Chronos remix to RKO a few years back. :worship:

And that new tune rocks as well. Exactly my cup of tea.

Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Hey Mark, you're the guy who uploaded the KICK ASS Speccy Chronos remix to RKO a few years back. :worship:

And that new tune rocks as well. Exactly my cup of tea.

Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!
Yep, I wanted to have a word with Mark about that Chronos remix...! It's pretty damn good.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

But where is it now? :(
DJ Skitz
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Silents UK? noo, I remember some complete twat who was a swapper in Silents who lived in the Patcham/Withdean area.

Shame I'm not still in Brighton, could have got together with you for a live set.

I made a mod using the soundset from Enigma, I just can't remember the damn name of it now. Do a search for "TDK" and "Moog Indigo" and see if the sounds are the same. May be cool to swap between the two tracks.

m
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

skitz wrote:But where is it now? :(
According to the RKO database it was uploaded on September 29th, 2002 and later rejected. Prolly on account of it covering/sampling Tim Follin's tune for the spectrum.
Mark Wright
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mark Wright »

Yikes,

Managed to play my silly Enigma mix out last night and hilariously it brought the house down (probably to do with the Candi Staton sample!)

Thanks for your feedback so far, I'm kinda embarrassed I even uploaded it now - was a bit 'worse for wear' at the end of it and listened back the next day *blush*

Chris: sorry, got your e-mail and PM - will be in touch at the beginning of next week with full explanation!! Looking forward to speaking to you again

Mark K: I was living in Nottingham during my Silents UK days, but yep between you and I and the world, it was a horribly lame experience to be even remotely involved with that lot... a far cry for the Silents proper. I'm sure the Albion would also be ashamed to have been associated with the Withdean swapper you mention - let's hope he hasn't moved to Falmer...

Jan: yep, I remember you e-mailing me about my Chronos mix at the time saying it never appeared on the C64 (quite right) - but another example of me being worse for wear ;-)

Hurrah! Probably time for bed now....
Mark Wright
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mark Wright »

Cripes, just been listening to (name removed)'s "megamix"...

I feel humbled and ashamed! It's *AMAZING* download it without delay...

(PS: I'm sure we can come up with something more trendy sounding than "Megamix" and some artwork - maybe the "SID Annual 2006" or somesuch!)