Retro Megamix Vol. 2 - The release dates

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

HI (name removed),

i liked your first mega-remix. Apart from the occasional flange that was TOO out of place, it was a cool mix to have in the car.

I have one problem with your tracklisting though....it seems there are a few commercial tunes on there ( like some of the instant remedy tunes ). Has that been ok-ed ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> As far as I know, the IR tracks has been released long time ago
> for free (at least I heard it from most users).
No they f*cking weren't!!

Any permissions I might have given to Radio (name removed) for broadcasting (NOT megamixes) were withdrawn in the light of obscene private messages sent to me, and any commercial tracks played there are now in breach of copyright law.

I'm certainly not authorising the random giving away of CD tracks for megamixes either.

Yes, I have a problem. And "as for contacting you personally", you make your announcements in public, you get your answers in public. Had you asked me privately, I would have answered that way.

F*cking hell, it really is true that no good deed goes unpunished. You try to be a good guy with application of the copyright law and people just try to take the p*ss.

Chris Abbott
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

http://www.(name removed)-board.de/thread.php?postid=6282#post6282

Here's my official response to this megamix: I was prepared to overlook the use of an IR track on the first megamix, but this one contains tracks for nearly half the Instant Remedy album. I wouldn't have been happy with that whoever did the megamix.

To those who might think that this is heavy-handed: much damage has been done already by people's ignorant assumptions about the CDs and C64 music copyright in general. I've been extremely generous with use of commercial material in all sorts of settings over the years, but this usage crossed a line. All I'm asking is that he redo the first bit for general consumption. If he enjoys doing music that much, then it should be a pleasure, shouldn't it?

Here's my response:

"My company, High Technology Publishing Ltd., is the publisher and record label for the tunes on your proposed megamix.

I have given you permission to spread the megamix in its current form to your forum members. That will enable you to call it an exclusive. Maybe it will even persuade people to join your forum to get it. I expect you to give full credit to the composers involved, and link to c64audio.com as the source of the CDs.

I have refused permission for you to distribute this mix to the general public (in any way) because I believe that it contains too much commercial material and will further give the impression that these tracks are not copyrighted. In addition, I have a legal duty to my composers and remixers. And I do not believe that the benefits from your megamix outweigh the giving away of the material in a downloadable form.

This position is one I would take with anybody offering six tracks off the same album in one mix, whether it was Jan Lund Thomsen, Boz, or yourself. It's just not acceptable.

My recommended course of action is that you release publicly another megamix where the first part is combining Instant Remedy releases from remix.kwed.org. This means that your CD cover doesn't have to change, and I'm sure that someone of your talent can easily change the tracks concerned in a short amount of time.

Feel free to post this email to your forum to explain the situation as a direct quote.

I have no wish to take legal action against anybody, but when it's necessary I take my duties very seriously. It would therefore be in everyone's interests if you took notice of what I'm telling you here, so we can all get on with our lives.

Chris"
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Guybrush wrote:As far as I know, the IR tracks has been released long time ago for free (at least I heard it from most users). My last Megamix also contained a track of them. There wasn't really a problem (I hope).
This text appeared to imply that he thought the Instant Remedy CD Tracks were released for free a long time ago, and that there was an Instant Remedy CD track on his first megamix, when there actually wasn't.

I read "the IR tracks" as referring to "the Instant Remedy tracks in the megamix", whereas he appears to have been referring to "all Instant Remedy tracks".. This is mainly the wrong use of the word "the", since that makes the sentence refer to a definite example of the tracks (the only being referred to in context being the ones of the megamix). What he should have said is "As far as I know, IR tracks...". It would still have been wrong (because obviously it doesn't apply to IR tracks on CD), but it would have made what he was trying to say clearer.

Thus endeth the lesson.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Solution reached, topic temporarily unlocked.
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

(name removed) Techno Compilation contains alot of titles which were remixed the better way on seriös album projects such Immortal 3.

To my though & taste....honestey....i hate megamix albums for a good reason. The basic is always the same....simple patterns build with a bum-bum bassdrum, accompanying a tb-bassline, some Leadvoice which is playing just a little bit the orginal track's melodie in the refrain .....and the rest is about to messup with flanger, phasers, gate & filter fx. A rollsnare here, a dj's scream there...welcome to the world of modern tekkno shit. Sorry i can't be helped. If Loveparade wouldn't concentrate on Tekkno too much...i would have been there....on all dates. :roll:

But whatsoever. Aslong as (name removed) keeps the promise not to sale it he won't run into copyright conflicts right :?: It is true that middle eruope is very fanatic into Trance, Tekkno & Gabba shit which can't be classified as complex intelligent electro/synthesizer music. God thanks that Immortal 3 isn't the same. :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

The first remix megamix wasn't that bad. Haven't heard the second one.

Chris, good to hear that a solution was found.
All is lost.
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

Vosla wrote:The first remix megamix wasn't that bad. Haven't heard the second one.....
Of course it might be good product especialy for those who enjoy tekkno very much but it's also a question of taste & I shouldn't be too old for that kind of style. As i will be 29 the next month....that's young enough i guess. :oops:

Nevertheless i will stay curious & watching the thread. I need to know the success rate of this album. :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

fanp._huelsbeck wrote:
Vosla wrote:The first remix megamix wasn't that bad. Haven't heard the second one.....
Of course it might be good product especialy for those who enjoy tekkno very much but it's also a question of taste & I shouldn't be too old for that kind of style. As i will be 29 the next month....that's young enough i guess. :oops:

Nevertheless i will stay curious & watching the thread. I need to know the success rate of this album. :)
It's only an MP3. And Camelot is only a model.

Chris
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

@fanp._huelsbeck: Talking about being old... I'm almost 38... :lol: :duh:

@chris: and what's the pendant to the holy handgrenade of antiochia?
All is lost.
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

The full version will be played in our next radio show on Sunday, 20:00 but it will not officially released. That's the promise I gave to Chris and Jan.
That's good to hear. Finaly u grow & are on the way to become an adult. Keep that level. :)
@fanp._huelsbeck: Talking about being old... I'm almost 38...
:lol: hell u are an old undead. So the emoticon looks to me. :P But i will become 38 age too one day. :roll: