Taking out the trash, part 2

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Taking out the trash, part 2

Post by sumppi »

Since 2006 is pretty much over, I thought it would be fun (and possibly slightly educational) to wrap up some loose ends from 2005 and 2006 like in the earlier thread. So, here are my leftovers and unfinished songs this time (the standard disclamer applies, most of them are really just drafts and pretty awful in the end - you've been warned):

Batman - The Movie
This was supposed to have vocals but in the end nothing ever happened. I was inspired a bit by Metallica's St. Anger for the generic feel. I also got some help with the drum sequencing from a friend of mine.

First Time Remix
I think this was played once in Skitz's show on Slay Radio. This is just a fast remix I did after I had finished the original version. Way too long, which annoys me every time my iPod decides to play it and I can't be bothered to press the skip button.

Echo by Slaygon
The earlier "taking out the trash" posting featured the two previous versions of this, and finally here's the third (and so far final) still-work-in-progress version. I love the vocal draft Makke did but eventually it never happened. Maybe one day;)

Last Ninja Wastelands loader and Last Ninja Wastelands
At some point I toyed around with the idea of doing a full Last Ninja soundtrack for the 10 year anniversary of the game. I ended up with very 80s hard rock style for the whole thing (though it started life as way too slow as all my songs do). Eventually the whole project got too complex and I didn't have the time to do more songs. Slay Radio had a competition of sorts for the vocals on the Wastelands track but I'm not actually sure what happened with that either :)

Myth (Love's just a myth)
At some point I had the idea of doing Myth in 80s Simple Minds style, especially like the classic "Don't You (Forget About Me)" track from The Breakfast Club soundtrack. This is a quite crappy and incomplete draft, but I still kinda like the idea. Anyway, It's just way too much work to get it done right.

Foo (original song)
Well, this isn't a C64 remix but I'll include it anyway. It's a pretty simple song draft, just missing the vocals (as usual) and more polished production. I actually have live drums recorded for this but I never got around to actually using those. And the cowbell should definitely be louder ;)

Bonus entry: 2000 A.D. development versions
Experience the horror of a remix in development: test 1, test 2, test 3.

So, what about all of the other remixers' missed opportunities and miserable failures of the past year? :)

Sumppi
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: Taking out the trash, part 2

Post by Makke »

sumppi wrote:Echo by Slaygon
The earlier "taking out the trash" posting featured the two previous versions of this, and finally here's the third (and so far final) still-work-in-progress version. I love the vocal draft Makke did but eventually it never happened. Maybe one day;)
Argh, yeah! That has to be done some day. Problem is, it's almost in the Bruce Dickinson-region of vocal performance. I'll need to be in a studio to do it as well, because since I moved I'm worried about the neighbours hearing every wrong note I do. :)

I'm grabbing the rest of them now to have a listen. Hmmm, might have to see if I have any discarded works lying around to post here.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

sumppi wrote: Echo by Slaygon
..not to mention the fabulous guitar solo I recorded for this remix! :wink:
Listen here: Solo of the year played for Echo
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Romeo Knight wrote:
sumppi wrote: Echo by Slaygon
..not to mention the fabulous guitar solo I recorded for this remix! :wink:
Listen here: Solo of the year played for Echo
Indeed! Since I never got to add the vocals, the solo was left waiting too - sorry about that, didn't remember that at all :)

Well, if Makke finds his inner Bruce Dickinson some day... ;)

Sumppi
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Thanks for sharing your stuff, guys! :D
Interesting to see 'em still glowing from the forge... :wink:
All is lost.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

sumppi wrote:So, what about all of the other remixers' missed opportunities and miserable failures of the past year? :)
I don't have failures on the hard disk. Only crap waiting to become something better, one day... ;) [my "Cheap Enigma remake! Another unnecessary Human Race remix" waited in embrional form in the hard drive for about a year before being reworked and released].

Cheerz
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

i also had a lot of unfinshed remixes on my hd. a punk rock remix of LN2, a shades remix, a w.a.r. remix and a trantor remix....

but at the moment i'm busy at work doing music for some lexus/toyota jobs...
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Sumppi - stop trashing and start completing! :)
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

ifadeo wrote:...a shades remix...
I have a feeling, that that remix will be the official soundtrack of "Duke Nukem Forever" :wink:
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

ifadeo wrote:but at the moment i'm busy at work doing music for some lexus/toyota jobs...
Cool! Keep us posted. :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Monty wrote:
ifadeo wrote:...a shades remix...
I have a feeling, that that remix will be the official soundtrack of "Duke Nukem Forever" :wink:
Now that was just nasty. *LMAO!*
All is lost.