Auf Wiedersehen Monty

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Thorsten Klose
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Auf Wiedersehen Monty

Post by Thorsten Klose »

Hello,

I follow the C64 remix scene since months and I couldn't resist to create my first contribution to the community, a remix of "Auf Wiedersehen Monty", which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.midibox.org/midibox_sid/Auf_ ... Remix).mp3

All sounds except for the drums (yes, also the TB303-like sound ;-)) are played with a self-developed (non-commercial) SID synth and enriched with some external effects.

Hope that you like it - your feedback is welcome :-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

/edit: lycos deleted the link to the MP3, therefore the file has been moved to a new location
Last edited by Thorsten Klose on 09/09/2003 - 22:55, edited 3 times in total.
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Those are some mighty fine sounds you get from a SID Thorsten (or how many SIDs are we listening to in this remix?) :) Some wrong notes here and there but the sounds make up for all that big time!

I reckon you're the Thorsten Klose that runs the DIY projects on http://www.ucapps.de. Your remix is a good incentive to start making a MIDIbox SID for myself:D
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

I want one too! :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

A decent remix with some very SID-like sounds. Keep at it, we want to hear more!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

great sounds, i also want such a piece of hardware....

cheers 2Klang
Thorsten Klose
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thorsten Klose »

Thank you so much - I'm sure that this wasn't my last remix! :)

The instruments in this song are mostly assigned to single SIDs and recorded via overdubbing, but I'm also able to use up to 4 of them independently or combined for really fat or ambient sounds. However, I wasn't able to explore all the possibilities yet. The firmware development kept me quite busy in the last weeks, and the "Auf Wiedersehen Monty" remix was just some kind of last functional test to get the certitude that I can now continue with the more pleasant part without thinking about improvements and bugfixes all the time.

Due to a lack of sparetime (my student years are over...) I don't plan to bring this project into production, so the only possibility to get an own is DIY (Do-It-Yourself). Schematics and the source code (for the case that somebody wants to program individual options) are available at my website :)
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Thorsten Klose wrote:Due to a lack of sparetime (my student years are over...) I don't plan to bring this project into production, so the only possibility to get an own is DIY (Do-It-Yourself). Schematics and the source code (for the case that somebody wants to program individual options) are available at my website :)
I know, i know...
I'm not so skilled anyway.

It will remain a dream :)

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

excellent remix :) keep up the great work :)
XGener8or
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by XGener8or »

Cool powerful sounds, sounds like a C64 on steroids :lol:
Sensible-Sound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sensible-Sound »

nice work :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

As an aside, we're planning on showing at BIT Live Brighton a MIDIbox integrated into a shoulder-slung keyboard... the world's first SID keyboard. I hope the guy doing it can do it in time :) He had lots of great
ideas to make it look like the sexiest bit of kit you've ever seen...

Chris