Last Ninja 2 - Sub-tune 12 (Shatner's Bassoon Mix)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
lemmy101

Last Ninja 2 - Sub-tune 12 (Shatner's Bassoon Mix)

Post by lemmy101 »

Hello all! First time poster!

Remix of Matt Gray's Last Ninja 2 - I'm calling this one done, mainly cause I've cabbaged my project file up so I have no choice in the matter ;), luckily I wasn't too far off though there are plenty of things I wanted to fix, so here we go. Go easy on me! :)

http://theindiestone.com/LastNinjaShatner.mp3

Advice/suggestions on for future remixes much appreciated but obviously I can't change anything in this one. :D

Thanks all!

lemmy
Ahriakin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Last Ninja 2 - Sub-tune 12 (Shatner's Bassoon Mix)

Post by Ahriakin »

Hi Lemmy,

Just going to expand a bit on the shout. Actually it makes a lot more sense now. When listening I kept thinking it was a really good foundation but that a lot of end tweaking was missing (some leads, chords etc.) - sorry to hear about the project file being fubar'd I think we all know that feeling.
I warmed to it more by about 3:20, after the first vocal section as the more stark reworking of your chords now made more sense (as a darker piece). I think if you were to make a movie of the Last Ninja mixed with Terminator salvation it'd be perfect (with some warm chords and sporadic string melodies in the section just after the first vocal....you could always add something like this over the existing final mix.....;)....).
While clear there were some aspects of the mix I wasn't nuts about. Overall it lacks mids, a little too bassy on the kick and too bright on the snare - that washed snare I think would work better with a longer tale and maybe a low vol punchy snare just under it. I would have liked some more presence to the heavy electric guitar especially when it first kicks in, it was an opportunity for some great dramatic effect but instead sounded a little over compressed.

Overall I liked it though, it'll b e on my Last Ninja play list near Puffy's work. 7/10
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Last Ninja 2 - Sub-tune 12 (Shatner's Bassoon Mix)

Post by RobinsonMason »

Good stuff - the only part I didn't enjoy was the chintzy sounding flute at about 2:30 -- seemed like a high pitch guitar would have worked better there.

Oh, and gratz on being the first remixer since the break at RKO to post a Last Ninja remix! :P

It is the 176th tune up at RKO to feature the words "Last Ninja" in the title!

http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=last+ninja