New remix of Wizardry

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

New remix of Wizardry

Post by Razmo »

Yep... FINALY I made something more than 8 bars in length, and then RKO is closed until september :lol:

Was actually a bit of a request by my girlfriend, and I've always had this tune as a special favourite, so with a lot af cheering, she made me break the 8 bars rule :lol:

I'm fed up with the tune now, so it is what it is, and can be downloaded here, until RKO is back up again in September.

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/wizardry.mp3

Enjoy...

Equipment used:

Mackie LM-3204 Analog Mixer
Mackie 1402 VLZ3 Analog Mixer
Jomox XBase888 Analog Drum Synthesizer
Dave Smith Instruments Tetra Analog Synthesizer
Crumar bit99 Analog Synthesizer
Waldorf Pulse Analog Synthesizer
Yamaha TG77 FM Synthesizer
Roland MKS-50 Analog Synthesizer
Novation Super Bass Station Analog Synthesizer
BOSS CE-300 Analog Chorus Effect
Lexicon MX400 Multi Effects Unit
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: New remix of Wizardry

Post by Analog-X64 »

Lovely remix, it retains the original feel of the tune and yet sounds very fresh. I likes it a lot.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog-X64 wrote:Lovely remix, it retains the original feel of the tune and yet sounds very fresh. I likes it a lot.
This is just one of those tunes that you HAVE to get the feel of the tune along with a remix, otherwise it would not have that very special character that this tune really has... everytime I hear the original it just put me in a good mood. It was not at all easy to find the right groove for this thing, and I actually dropped the project two times on the way, but as written; my girlfriend was persistent enough to have my interrest focused :lol:

I know it's not very long, but it's the way this tune works... making it longer would get too boring. I initially had an idear of incorporating FAIRLIGHT from Mike Alsop as well as they are entirely the same type of music and style, but... well... did not happen :)

But... thank you for your comment Analog-X64... I'm glad you like it :)
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Very nice and I agree it sounds fresh and retains the feel of the original. Always been a bit of a favorite with me, although limitations of the tune length make a longer composition difficult.
I initially had an idea of incorporating FAIRLIGHT from Mike Alsop as well as they are entirely the same type of music and style, but... well... did not happen

Shame Razmo, as I think this idea would have worked well. Still an enjoyable remix in it's own right though.Funny, I always thought Gyroscope was written by the same person (Mike Alsop) but it isn't, it just sounds very like his (Alsop's) other tunes. Not that he did that much....a shame really as most people enjoy his work.