C-64 goes piano

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
soundsosound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

C-64 goes piano

Post by soundsosound »

I made some arrangements of my fafourite C-64 tunes for classical piano. They can be heard on Remix.Kwed.Org or on my own pages:
http://www.soundsosound.de/de/klavier/8288.shtml

Tracks included are: Ghosts'n'Goblins, Cauldron, The Great Giana Sisters, Forbidden Forest, Thing on a Spring, Warhawk, Boulder Dash, Monty on the Run, One Man and his Droid & Super Mario Bros

I would appreciate to find some feedback in my guestbook. :D

Best wishes,
Markus
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: C-64 goes piano

Post by tomsk »

I loved hearing them (I got a link from a friend on this site). The arrangements are great, and I'd love to see some video footage and perhaps glean some playing tips from it. Hope you do more, and if you do, give us a reminder to check them out. :)
Hard to choose a favorite, as I enjoyed them ALL, but if I was pushed then Forbidden Forest it is. Don't suppose you have the music notation at all, as that would be a treat to see/use ???? ;)
soundsosound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by soundsosound »

Well, in fact I am working on score material for the arrangements. Initially I intended to offer them as usual for free on my webpage. But then I had the idea to contact a commercial publisher.

You might think I got a bit greedy trying to earn money with other people’s compositions. But it's not about the money at all. I won't get much out of it anyway. But at least I see the chance of finally getting something printed, that I worked upon. And to be a bit more optimistic, perhaps it's a good start if i want to draw the publisher's intention to my own works later on.

In any case, I see myself confronted with lots of obstacles concerning copyright. Guess I have to ask the original composers for permission, or whoever now owns the rights. I don't know, what became of all the software houses from those days. It won't be easy...

If these plans fail, you will get the score material for free, of course. I will keep you informed in any case.

To make some videos is not the worst idea. I could combine some playing shots with footage from the original game. Do you think there is a legal problem, if I use longplays from pages like http://www.c64-longplays.de.vu/ ?

Best wishes,
Markus
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

hmmmm...the "longPlay"-community is a little bit kind of....let`s say "WE are f**kin` Elite" :rofl: But...of course that doesn`t fit to ALL "LongPlay"-Makers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU11LMiK ... e=bulletin

But It should be no prob if you ask the Videomaker for permission.

looking forward for new Stuff from you. You`re a huge Talent. (Love your "Forbidden Forest Goes Piano") :cheers:
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Guess I have to ask the original composers for permission, or whoever now owns the rights
I would contact Chris Abbott regarding ownership and publishing rights. I pretty sure the right to publish someone else's material as a "musical score" is the same as if you wanted to publish their tune in audio format. Even if you've created your own adaptation, it's still based on the original owners tune....bit like a remix really. I could have this all wrong, but Chris is your man.
I would happily pay for a book of such tunes (my ear to piano is no where near as good as yours!), but I couldn't say how much interest it would generate as it's quite a small market target area.
soundsosound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by soundsosound »

Whooo! That video is scary. Thank you for the link. You really saved my day! :duh:

And thank's for the compliments.
Forbidden forest is one my favourites, too.
soundsosound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by soundsosound »

tomsk wrote:I would contact Chris Abbott...
Thanks for the hint. Chris answered my request in another thread. It's great to know, that he holds the rights for most of the compositions. That makes it a lot easier.

And one publisher already showed interest. - Well at least the staff member I contacted did. He will suggest the project during the next meeting in early December.

Let's wait and see... :roll:
soundsosound
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Piano Suite of Dragon's Lair II tunes

Post by soundsosound »

Another piano version of a C-64 classic is now available on my page. Dragon's Lair II - Escape from Singe's Castle
http://www.soundsosound.de/ru/klavier/8288.shtml

Rob Hubbard did a great job on that game. He created a couple of tunes, that work together like a film score and create the right mood for each part of the game.

I tried to put them all together in one suite.

Best wishes,
Markus
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Great, downloading right now. :nod:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder