Hülsbeck Turrican pledge on KickStarter

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Rubinstein
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Hülsbeck Turrican pledge on KickStarter

Post by Rubinstein »

To quote the site:
What if we go even higher?

If we get even more supporters and a higher budget, I will add more live orchestra recordings and more music (and expand the Box Set with an additional CD for more tracks). I also have really exciting extra perks for the pledge levels above $50, check them out!
75,000 is the goal, and now that I checked the situation, people have already pledged 172,219 (dollars) so he has a lot of extra money. Anyway, how does Kickstarter really work? I mean, does Chris really have any real responsibility to spend the extra donations on what he said? Can it even be verified how he spends the extra money? After all, there's the question of accountability.

He said he would add all sorts of things to what was already promised, but is there any real confirmation that the extra stuff wouldn't happen even though the budget would be no more than 75,000 dollars? What if he has already planned the budget, and the promises related to the extra donations are just nothing more than words? It sounds sort of morbid to put it like this, but these are just questions that arise in my mind.

It'll sound like I'm insinuating that the extra money will end up in his pockets, but if nothing can be verified, who knows... (no matter how much he promises to meet the requirements if there's no *real* liability).

On the other hand, I'm not sure if he can afford to let down his fans or underestimate his fans' ability to judge the quality of his works.

It's not a particularly good thing if the project cannot happen without the donations, because (at least personally) I would rather listen to the tracks first, and then buy them if I find the music good enough. Perhaps that would be a way to see if the albums are going to reflect 172,000 (plus) worth of investment.

No one loses money if the project is not realized, but AFAIK, even though the project will come through, nobody really knows how well it will be realized. If the arrangements turn out to be a total disappointment, and you have pledged a large sum of money to the project, are you entitled to ask your money back?

Let's hope that Chris pulls it off this time around. At least he promised to do his best to meet the requirements. Whether the promises turn into reality remains to be seen.
Rubinstein
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Rubinstein »

AmigaMelody wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Talking about it doesn't show disrespect, quite the contrary.
Exactly. Besides, if I had pledged a lot of money to the project, and if the arrangements turned out to be utter dross, I would show my disappointment no matter how much of a fanboy I would be.
maverickbna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by maverickbna »

Did anyone buy more than one perk set, like a second boxed set or anything, and be interested in selling me one?

Unfortunately, I missed the Kickstarter campaign, and would like to have a physical copy, if possible, and some of the perks offered in addition to the digital download.

Please contact me direct if you'd be willing to help me out. I'd be willing to pay cost.

Thanks!

-P.S. I got to meet Chris Huelsbeck in person at MAGfest in Washington, DC, earlier this year. I got his autograph, and got to talk to him for a little while. He's a fantastic guy!

Take care, everyone.
In a sky full of people - only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?