ROTY AWARDS 2019 / Slay Radio Interview

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

ROTY AWARDS 2019 / Slay Radio Interview

Post by poke16384 »

I listened in to a great 'live' show on Saturday - Well Done! @everyone who helped

Thank you so much, to everyone who voted for me and my remixes in 2019. It's one thing to be recognised for the music I created back in the mid-80's but even more complimentary to be recognised for the music i'm still creating 35 years later.

Well done Glyn, for winning 'Veteran' of the year. If anyone deserves that, you do.. and to 'Lea_' for winning 'best newcomer'. I'm sure there's more great stuff to come from you in 2020. To 'Firefox' for 'best Amiga remix', a great tune, (I almost pipped you [258pts/265pts] so, really well done!)... and finally, to Dr Future. Congrats on your 'lifetime achievement award'.

***Really Important*** To ALL of you remixers who didn't win this year... The ones who came close and especially the ones who didn't... KEEP REMIXING! It's really important to keep the scene alive, if it's something you love. Do your best work, Finish it! & SUBMIT IT! Take pride in the positive votes & comments that you receive & totally ignore the negative stuff. Most remixers who review or comment on other peoples work know what it takes to create a remix. Even if they are critical of a remix, they will still highlight the positives and try to be constructive and helpful with the negatives. Don't be discouraged. This is a quote, so I can't take credit for it "Getting knocked down doesn't matter. It isn't a reflection of who you are... It's what you do after you get back up that counts!"

..and finally..

I'll be doing a 'live' interview with ziona & slaygon this Thursday evening, (check your local time on the slay-radio website) and we'll probably cover a range of stuff.. 'working on games in the 80's', 'Ocean Software', 'Freelance work', Bands / Gigs past & present etc.. It should be fun so, tune in and join in. There should be live chat on IRC so you can contribute to the show.
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: ROTY AWARDS 2019 / Slay Radio Interview

Post by C64GLeN »

Well done and very well deserved.
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Thanks Glen... and hello again... long time - no speak :)
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Well said, Peter!