Remix64 20th Anniversary Remix Compo

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Remix64 20th Anniversary Remix Compo

Post by LaLa »

Remix64.com is proud to announce the

r64_20y_remix_compo_logo_liter_smaller.jpg
r64_20y_remix_compo_logo_liter_smaller.jpg (52.47 KiB) Viewed 46136 times

Remix64 20th Anniversary Remix Compo!

Remix64.com will turn 20 years old on April 17th, 2021, and we thought what better way to celebrate this momentous occasion than by inviting the collective talent of the C64 and Amiga remix community to participate in an online competition!

For more details, head over to the compo's webpage on Remix64.com
Last edited by LaLa on 27/01/2021 - 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Remix64 20th Anniversary Remix Compo

Post by C64GLeN »

The link is broken.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

C64GLeN wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">27/01/2021 - 9:31</span> The link is broken.
Fixed it. Sorry about that, the link has changed overnight. We are still trying to find a proper home for its webpage. :D But if you go to the main remix64.com page, the links there will always be correct.
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Nice initiative. This will no doubt bring forth a heap of cool tunes!
Check out my website.
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Wow! This should be an amazing competition.. It's a Great Idea from you, LaLa :worship: and if the AROK/SLAY remix compo last August is anything to go by, there will be lots of really good entries. :rock: I think the act of keeping the remixers anonymous until the votes are all in, makes the playing field that bit more level for all. It's important for every contestant to feel that there is no undue influence on voting because a remix has been created by a particular remixer. Good Luck to each & everyone of you :hooray: and I hope there are lots & lots of you that enter...
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Brilliant idea. :w00t:

I wish I could contribute something sensible. But one thing hasn't changed in the last 20 years - I'm still as musically adept as two stones smashed together. Maybe I could design MP3 covers or something? :rofl:
All is lost.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

Vosla wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">30/01/2021 - 20:17</span> Maybe I could design MP3 covers or something? :rofl:
You know, that's actually not a bad idea for a future compo!... Get the gfx artists among us engaged, too!
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Tonight is the night when the staggering total of 49 remixes are revealed to the remix community, courtesy of Slaygon & ziona at SLAYradio..

I just want to say a huge well done to LaLa & the Remix64 staff, for the work they've put in to creating a brilliant & exciting Remix64 20th Anniversary Competition.. and a sincere Good Luck to all of the remixers who have no doubt put their blood, sweat & tears into their entries..
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- »

I agree, well done to everyone involved. And guess the Remixer is a nice touch :nod:
timforsyth
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by timforsyth »

Yeah, thanks to everyone who made this happen, a real community effort and the quality of the remixes is amazing.

I thought it was a nice touch to advise us to use the full range of smileys, I usually feel bad voting anything less than yellow, but this made it easier to let the best of the best rise to the top.

Bonus points for keeping the retro spirit alive by using the marquee tag ! :D

Oh and I'm still torn about which remix was done by JMJ :D
fabio marinelli
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by fabio marinelli »

yesterday i heard some really good songs ... Congratulations to all
timforsyth
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by timforsyth »

It’s a shame these forums are quieter these days.

Gotta say, what a fantastic slay radio broadcast, what a great competition, had a brilliant time listening tonight, although I joined late due to “bedtime”.... I thought it was funny it was mentioned that people went away from the scene due to family and kids, and here I am, 6 year old in tow back making music again, which is due to COVID lockdowns, something good has come out of the restrictions.

The quality of the remixes was incredible, the top 5 were in my top 10, in a different order than I thought and it was a nice surprise to see who made which remix.

Can we do this again some day? (Looking forward to this summer compo)

Thanks to everyone that made this possible.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

Remix64.com would like to send all of you a massive THANK YOU for participating in this compo, whether as a remixer who took the time to create a compo entry (or two, or three!), or as a voter, or as a listener! We have been absolutely blown away by the response to this compo, and it's all thanks to the fantastic remix scene! :worship: Thank you so much for celebrating 20 years of Remix64 with us in style!

In case you missed it, the results of the compo are in and are posted here:

https://www.remix64.com/remix64-20th-an ... sults.html

The page also has links to the live results show that was broadcast on SLAY Radio earlier today.

You can also listen to all the entries at:

https://www.remix64.com/remix64-20th-an ... tries.html

And if you are curious who were the "real" remixers on the "Guess the Remixer" cheat sheet who actually entered the compo, and who were the "decoys":

https://www.remix64.com/remix64-20th-an ... ixers.html

CREDITS:

- Coding: LMan
- Music: By a bunch of AWESOME remixers!
- Grafx: Slaygon and Ziona
- Concept and organization: LaLa
- Broadcasts: SLAY Radio
- Consultants: Ziphoid, Tas, SLAY Radio, Kjetil of FastLoaders
- GREETZ go to the staff of Remix64.com, to all the remixers, to all the voters, to the entire remix scene, the SID scene, HVSC, the Amiga music scene, remix.kwed.org, AmigaRemix.com, SceneSat.com, C64Audio.com, and last but not least to SLAY.Radio for their support throughout the years!
♥ You all rock! ♥ ... Keep da scene alive! ...
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\