Honest Opinion?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
rambones
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by rambones »

Benn, im sorry for some mumbo jumbo, i am drinking like a black hole to get my mind cleaned out after all this at BIT.

Basicly what i wanted to say is, that I think that people want to restart their life, or join at their own entry point, the newwest remixers etc. - to join the moment, or to take off where we old guy sleft it behind, because we HAD to grow up.

If you want, you can be a kid again, but still acting adult.

Take the train at that station where it all went bad, and go back to your original dream, then all will be well.

sorry for this mumbo jumbo also, but these beers are tapping in my deepest feelings, as usual..

At some meeting with no beers, it all would probably be more 'business' like.. arghh...

CHEERS BENN!
..Ride the SIDwave!!
http://www.janharries.com
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Hey i wonder if selling the original cartoon prints of Ben and Mark would generate some revenue ? Then again, ive spoken with the artist who basicly does the lineart (i colour them in), and she's all up for the project to cartoon anyone that wants it - just supply a photo - we havent spoken about costs yet - but revenue from that could help !!
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Complete credit and huge appreciation to BEN for being a fantastic host! Whatta guy! (If he remembers, I was the longhaired redhead wearing the custom BIT2004 Tshirt who enquired about his lack of footwear and thanked him for auf wiedershen monty lol!) :oops:

If I could just clear up the comment he made about the winamp visualisation thing, I have already done that lol and it didnt compare to seeing you playing live on stage :wink:

I feel like making some C64 AVS plugins for winamp now! Maybe they can be used at a future event?
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

The only thing I could fault last night on was

- the lighting, which seemed to switch itself on/off at the wrong times
- the BLOODY smoke machine, getting in the way of a good picture of Jon Hare several times

Other than that, superb. I have various quotes from audience members for the RETRO GAMER article, I would also like to thank all the performers who took the time to speak with me afterwards, and I'd like to say once again to Chris Abbott - THANK YOU.

Now, where's me passport?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
rambones
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by rambones »

Benn, Chris, all else:

Can I please turn your attention to the last thing before I go to bed ?, and home tomorrow.

Do you see, various people did some posts about reactions and future plans etc.

These are in different threads, the INDEX you need to organize anything is not there (which I wrote already, in other posts).

I hope you will try to understand this point.

A forum thread, will not ever be as consistent, going towards any goal defined, as the (you know Chris) f.ex HVSC or gamebase list.

Or your privete circle of supporters (which I don't know anything about!)

As a 'teaser' to what I WILL write to you Chris when I get home is, that basicly: let the 'scene' buy shares in BIT - then finance will come, and we can have a fact saying X amount, and find someplace that fits to X to actually have an event.

Then it can grow from there.

(I am not drunk anymore) LOL :)
..Ride the SIDwave!!
http://www.janharries.com
gazl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gazl »

hyperhack wrote:In all the excitement and speculation I forgot to mention how funny and entertaining PPOT were! Mark Knight moving around with his violin and strangling one of the crowd with it was hilarious!

Top drawer stuff!
Hahah that was me :D

Honest opinion? I thought it was awesome. Bit sceptical about the venue to start with but it soon warmed up nicely. Must admit to have completely missed Visa Röster spending too much time yapping in the bar downstairs but all of bands I saw was scuba duper.

And even my nostalgia-sceptic mrs loved it too.

Good stuff. There'll be another, I'm sure of it :D
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Another fave memory - giving Hanna Kappelin a kiss to thank her for her singing on o2's + chums' magnificent version of Comic Bakery ... (Er, hope I don't get told off by Natz and Pex for that!) :oops:

:D
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

I thought it was great! :mrgreen: Congrats to Chris for organising it and the artistes for great performances.

Few problems with the mixing at the beginning, but sorted out for the rest of the concert. Met a lot of really nice people, had a great laugh, and listened to some awesome music. I really hope that Stuck in D Eighties do a studio recording, they were totally mindblowing. That's not to say that PPOT and Visa Röster weren't brilliant as well, but I really think that they were a great way to end the show.

I've got some great photos to upload, plus some short video clips from my camera as soon as I can sort out he stupid MJPEG codec problems preventing me from re-encoding them into something sensible.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Kenz I hope it wasnt with Tongues like in your avitar? Otherwise you may be in trouble lol! I'm sure quite a few people would have swapped places with you at the time lol!

Mentioning Comic Bakery, me and renegade_si called out all evening for it and on the way back at waterloo station we found another kind of Comic Bakery! One that charged my mate £1.85 for a hot sausage roll!

lmfao!
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Hehe, no tommy tongue was involved. :)

The biggest kiss I actually got on the night was from Bog I think! :lol:
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Can I just point out that Mark "Mad Fiddler" Knight is a fecking genius.

I could never EVER have envisioned C64 lead melodies being played on a violin - but it seems so NATURAL now. It has an amazing sound on its own, but when played with effects, and with Marks stunning ability...

Its just gobsmacking.

Kudos to Benn and his flautism(?) too, tho it perhaps wasnt as audible as it might have been :(
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Feekzoid wrote:Kudos to Benn and his flautism(?) too, tho it perhaps wasnt as audible as it might have been :(
We'll fix that for the DVD - EVERYTHING will be audible and lovely. :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> One that charged my mate £1.85 for a hot sausage roll!
There's a bakery near Clapham that sold me an apple turnover with one chunk of apple in it. It was almost worth the money for the laugh...
thalamus
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by thalamus »

Benn wrote:Well OK... if *honest* opinions are being called for, let's boogie....
Knowing as little as I do about the previous BIT events, Benn does seem to have hit more than a few nails on the head (i.e. stop comparing it to previous events and criticising what the gig didn't have, and just appreciate it for what it did).

(As an aside - it might be an idea to keep all discussion for BIT5 in the one thread, there are tonnes of threads on the go and it's a little confusing...)

Certainly, I had a fantastic night, and shook more than a few hero's hands (including the "Tie-Die Twins" 8) ). Did it feel like the end? Hell, no. It felt like the beginning, the point at which BIT evolves, rather than stops dead.

Cheers to ALL involved for an EXCELLENT night... I'll see you on the BIT5 thread... :)
Benn
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Benn »

Kenz wrote: We'll fix that for the DVD - EVERYTHING will be audible and lovely. :)
Noooo....if I backed away from the mike at times, it was 'cos I didn't know wtf I was doing - unlike Mark, I never learned Monty and was just jamming away as usual :)