C64Audio.com returns 11th April!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:(edit: I have, for some reason the shop like Jan RKO so much it keeps giving him stuff...)
Well, Jan RKO is a very likeable person. ;)

Get back to me regarding the Binary Bonus stuff, Chris! Or didn't you get the e-mail?

I'll just upload the stuff to my account on c64audio.com and send you a link to it...
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Can't download ANYTHING! I always get something like

[edit by Chris: please don't post diagnostics here!! This is fixed now. It was due to an unexpected server move and a missing "=" sign]
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makke wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:(edit: I have, for some reason the shop like Jan RKO so much it keeps giving him stuff...)
Well, Jan RKO is a very likeable person. ;)

Get back to me regarding the Binary Bonus stuff, Chris! Or didn't you get the e-mail?

I'll just upload the stuff to my account on c64audio.com and send you a link to it...
Could you do that please, thanks :) Sorry for not getting back to you, the shop is still in debug...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

omoroca wrote:[edit by Chris: please don't post diagnostics here!! This is fixed now. It was due to an unexpected server move and a missing "=" sign]
Ok. But is there anywhere I can post bug reports?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Just email them to me :) Thanks!
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Chris, the new site rocks ! :rock:
the bonus items are a really neat touch. (lots to go through!)
i have just bought the RJ tribute and the BIT4 taster (i know you gave me it, but its for a good cause)
will get around to buying more on pay day :D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Chris Abbott wrote:Thanks, though at the moment I'm getting that "BIT Live 1" feeling all over again: big posh place, and no people (well, there are people visiting, I can see them, but they're not buying). I still believed that giving people this kind of opportunity would result in more interest: loads more content, loads more opportunities to buy, offer more than the record companies, etc. I'm beginning to wonder....
To be honest, I wonder how much of that is down to the lack of previews. While a lot of the material is affordable, I'm still holding off buying some stuff, purely because I can't hear what it's like.

FWIW, did you email Darran about the shop's reopening?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

CraigG wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Thanks, though at the moment I'm getting that "BIT Live 1" feeling all over again: big posh place, and no people (well, there are people visiting, I can see them, but they're not buying). I still believed that giving people this kind of opportunity would result in more interest: loads more content, loads more opportunities to buy, offer more than the record companies, etc. I'm beginning to wonder....
To be honest, I wonder how much of that is down to the lack of previews. While a lot of the material is affordable, I'm still holding off buying some stuff, purely because I can't hear what it's like.

FWIW, did you email Darran about the shop's reopening?
Well, there are the Flash jukeboxes (missing on the FTC one though), and if you click on the track name you can grab what previews are available... I did have a system where you could grab previews with a smiley, but the interface was getting too complicated.

Which ones did you want to hear previews of? There's a lot of free stuff on the FTC album which can be downloaded: or do people prefer a 30 second sample of each track rather than a few free tracks off the album?

Also, is anyone finding the jukeboxes useful?

Chris
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Most of the traffic you are having now is probably by people who have already bought and want to grab the newly added free stuff now. Add least that's what I've been doing all morning today. ;-)

Maybe you scared potential new buyers off with the long maintenance phase. But they will come back, have faith!

EDIT: Oh, and the new site is noticably slower than the old one, maybe that's another reason for people to quickly leave.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

omoroca wrote:
Most of the traffic you are having now is probably by people who have already bought and want to grab the newly added free stuff now. Add least that's what I've been doing all morning today. ;-)

Maybe you scared potential new buyers off with the long maintenance phase. But they will come back, have faith!

EDIT: Oh, and the new site is noticably slower than the old one, maybe that's another reason for people to quickly leave.
Hmm, slower at what? Initial page loading? Graphics? It seems pretty nippy when you're adding to cart... it's the same server... and the backend processing is very fast, so maybe it's low ping times and a move to a server nearer to the UK would help? The old site didn't so very much really... server load is low, so it's not that... Firefox's diagnostics were quite weird.

Chris
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Chris Abbott wrote:Which ones did you want to hear previews of? There's a lot of free stuff on the FTC album which can be downloaded: or do people prefer a 30 second sample of each track rather than a few free tracks off the album?
Personally, I would offer a combination of the two: a 30-second preview of every track, and a branded free download track from each album (akin to a digital single). The former is pretty much what people expect these days, I think.

Also, you didn't say about RG—did you inform the mag? If not, I can do that.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

CraigG wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Which ones did you want to hear previews of? There's a lot of free stuff on the FTC album which can be downloaded: or do people prefer a 30 second sample of each track rather than a few free tracks off the album?
Personally, I would offer a combination of the two: a 30-second preview of every track, and a branded free download track from each album (akin to a digital single). The former is pretty much what people expect these days, I think.

Also, you didn't say about RG—did you inform the mag? If not, I can do that.
Hmm, I've nothing against 30 second tracks, but I'll need to set aside some time, which is sorely lacking. I guess this shop will be a marathon rather than a sprint.... I don't have to put 30 second clips for the bonus content, do I?

> RG
Could you?

Thanks!

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Could I just add that I am planning on dealing with all issues concerning the cart, but I might be a bit scatty: I've got a lot on my plate, since I stole the time to do the cart from other time...

Quick question though: if the jukebox contains 30 second clips from the "official part" of a product (as on the site at the moment), is that enough? Getting clips to be accessible by another smiley is just confusing.

Chris
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Chris Abbott wrote:Hmm, I've nothing against 30 second tracks, but I'll need to set aside some time, which is sorely lacking. I guess this shop will be a marathon rather than a sprint.... I don't have to put 30 second clips for the bonus content, do I?
Nuts to the bonus stuff, but it would be handy to access previews for the main disc in each case.

I'll drop Darran a line.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

CraigG wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Hmm, I've nothing against 30 second tracks, but I'll need to set aside some time, which is sorely lacking. I guess this shop will be a marathon rather than a sprint.... I don't have to put 30 second clips for the bonus content, do I?
Nuts to the bonus stuff, but it would be handy to access previews for the main disc in each case.

I'll drop Darran a line.
Hmm, I guess this means rethinking those smileys again. I was trying to keep the screen width to 800 overall, but every smiley column adds another 18 pixels... anyone got an idea of an icon for "preview"?

Chris