Chris Hülsbeck in Concert 2008

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Chris Hülsbeck in Concert 2008

Post by Thornado »

Cool! I got my tickets in the mail today...from Holland to Germany is not that far :)
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Emm, well I might just attend this event, never been to Germany :)
gene_amiga

Post by gene_amiga »

Hello retro music fans!

The tickets for the Hülsbeck-Concert are nearly sold out.
One more reason for everybody without a ticket to join my campaign "I-want-the-Huelsbeck-in-Concert-CD". If enough people sign it, the organizers may produce a LIVE-CD from the concert !

There is also a German version available of course: "Ich-will-die-Hülsbeck-in-Concert-CD"

If you have tho possibility: Spread this news!

Thanks.
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

So who's going? Only a few tickets left...
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

I bought 4 tickets for the 1st concert on 23-8, starting at 20.00. Unfortunatly two of my friends can't go.

So, I've got two tickets available. The two places are on the sixth row. If someone is interested in buying them, I'm asking a normal price for the two tickets. (16 euro's each + the shipping costs) I can send the tickets by mail or we can meet up in Koln since the places are next to eachother anyways.:)

Edit:
The tickets are now sold.:)
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Anyone listened to the concert on the radio? I did. It was awesome!!!
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

omoroca wrote:Anyone listened to the concert on the radio? I did. It was awesome!!!
Did anyone record it? I really wanted to listen to it, but in the end I couldn't (the 9 hour time difference didn't really help). So, if anybody has a recording of it it ANY shape or form, please let me know!

(Yes, I know it will be available on CD, but I still would like to hear the un-edited live concert.)
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I made an analog copy using my sat receiver and dvd recorder.
*link removed* (please PM me if you wanna have it!)
Aside from some background noise, the sound quality is Ok.

I split the stuff into one file per track, so it's not actually unedited any more. But there's nothing important missing, only some silence between the applause and the next tune and some silly German showmaster desperately trying to say something witty. ;-)
Last edited by omoroca on 26/08/2008 - 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Listened to it today after being sent some links ;) and it was pretty good.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

I had a listen too and it was good :)

Edit: files are deleted again, didn't realize there was issues. Does anyone know if it will be released on CD or the like??
Last edited by beyond on 26/08/2008 - 6:53, edited 1 time in total.
LyCheSis

Post by LyCheSis »

I was at the concert in Cologne and it was great. Atmosphere and everything.

There were a couple of tunes that didn't do quite as well as others (sadly the Turrican Songs - again - failed to move me) but other songs were just brilliant with some of them being on my "why hasn't Chris done a remix of this yet" - list since forever like X-Out, Grand Monster Slam, Tunnel B1 (maybe without the 5 minute percussion intro - this was visually impressive with this small guy hammering away at his drum but on radio this must have been a bit boring) and of course R-Type.

I hope there'll be more concerts like these and I am very much looking forward to the CD. I guess the download link will be somewhat illegal but the CD will be digitally remastered and will probably sound much better than the radio recording (as far as I could see the sound magician in the concert hall had only two channels running on his big mixer - 1. left and 2. right - so if there wasn't anything somewhere else then the balance of the instruments should greatly be improved on the final CD.
Long time Amiga enthusiast and wannabe C64 fanboy

[exturl=http://amiga.lychesis.net]Amiga Graphics Archive[/exturl] : high quality graphics from Amiga games, demos and applications
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

I had a hell of at time, it was the travel from The Netherlands and a weekend of Koln completely worth.:)

The only complaints I have is that I would have prefered some of the arrangements to be more straightforward. I was really looking forward to Turrican 2: The Final Fight. But the arrangement strayed to far from the original and it also sounded a bit messy. Also, I would prefered that the Turrican 3 piano solo would have been rewritten from scratch. This was virtually the same version as is included on the Nr.9 cd....and I actually came to hear some exellent Turrican renditions...so in that I was a bit disappointed.:(

But, the orchestra was amazing, the guest players were awesome and many arangements (especially R-Type :)) sounded very fresh and Hollywood-like. The atmosphere won't be captured on the CD...it really was a concert that you had have been part of to fully appreciate it. Also, it was cool to see Chris Huelsbeck in person, he only sat a few rows in front of me (and I bumped almost into him during the break)

About the link with the radiobroadcast, well...the WDR broadcasted it...anyone could have recorded it. And if you liked it, I am certain you will buy the cd that ought to sound much better than this recording. But, this is a great bootleg to pass the time.:)
Maniaxx

Post by Maniaxx »

Thornado wrote:well...the WDR broadcasted it...anyone could have recorded it.
The retro trackers have it. 320kbit/s MP2. That's digital broadcast format.
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Maniaxx wrote:
Thornado wrote:well...the WDR broadcasted it...anyone could have recorded it.
The retro trackers have it. 320kbit/s MP2. That's digital broadcast format.
I'm not sure what you mean. You can encode in any bitrate you'd like...I can record a crappy 96 kb/s mp3 also in 320 kb/s...but that won't create a better sounding file.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Link removed. Please PM me if you wanna have it!