Welcome to the world Remix64 vol 3 CD!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Welcome to the world Remix64 vol 3 CD!

Post by Chris Abbott »

:)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I just ordered mine :)

Now to download the full tracks. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Maybe for Remix64 Vol #6... it can be a 2 CD collection and make a public announcement and get submissions from regulars here?? I would certainly make an attempt if given the opportunity. :)

For now I'm enjoying Volume #3 and will give it a kind of review when I've had enough of a listen to all the tracks.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Update:

Anyway, we're a third of the way to 100 copies (which is actually pretty good in that timescale, considering there was no BIT Live to launch it at, and technically it's still pre-launch until the CD comes out): what would be good is if any fans of the CD (or indeed the people on it) got the word out, perhaps through blogs, Facebook, Myspace, whatever.

Skitz, my John just loves GemX: he demands it whenever we get into the car now :)

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I would just like to go on record - That what i have heard is great and I'm dead pleased the v3 continues and that the people who have worked on this will have put in lots of energy and effort and time into making this happen - I understand this very much.
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Happy Listener wrote: Woooo. I was idly listening but not paying too much attention due to fiddling with my new phone... and then Crazy Comets exploded in my ears. That's one fantastic track. My compliments to Mattias.
Chris
Now, *THAT* is truly what remixing is all about (for me atleast)! Such nice, fuzzy feedback on work I put my soul into doing. Bless the Happy Listener, and thanks Chris for quoting the shoutout. :mrgreen:
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Hi Sonic,

and I wondered why you were so into that Crazy Comets-tune when I gave you my preview of my Crazy Comets-remix.
Now I understand :-)
putzi
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Jethro Walrus (Speak 'n Spell) - Makke
Man, now I want another Makke album.
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

Just a small note to the keeper of the downloadable mp3-tracks of the album (i.e. Chris):

You might want to change the ID3-tag for track #3 (Comic Bakery), as right now the artist is listed as John "Carehag" Ziphoid in there... unless he's legally changed his name recently, I suppose this is a little mixed up :D
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Here is my non-technical Review. If you dont want to waste you're time reading the entire thing.

Basically... I love all the Tracks and this is a Great Compilation.

01 - Such a perfect mix/blend of 19 and BMX Kidz, Paul Hardcastle
himself wouldnt have been able to pull this off. The Bass lines, the rhythm everything is perfect. Two of my favourite things about this song... I love 19 and Thomas Detert (In the most hethro way ofcourse).

02 - Got the timing, the sounds even the singing just right. :)

03 - I love both original tracks of this remix and, I love how they are both blended and its so relaxing to listen to, love everything
about it.

04 - Once again one of my fav tracks remixed...great production.

05 - 02:06...wanna put on some tight leather pants and hit the dance floor.

06 - Moog Baby!! Love the Jazz!!

07 - I like the selection of sounds used and has a melancholy C64ish feel to the entire track.

08 - I like the energy in this track... would probably work in a
Car Racing game.

09 - You let 3 great artists collaborate and this is what you got.

10 - Are you sure you didn't hire Moroder to remix this?? ;)
Awesome rendition of this well known tune.

11 - Great production love the ambiance, and the energy output.

12 - I never get tired of hearing remixes of Arkanoid and this aint
an exception...wife was looking at me funny as I was singing..
"Dont Push Me... Cause I'm close to the edge....."

13 - Just like the previous 12, the mixing of both type of songs/styles is top notch.

14 - There is some Dualism going on here, with Trace and PowerTrace :)

15 - Its like you guys copied the Playlist on my MP3 player...another of my fav. tunes.

16 - Awesome production on this track love it.

17 - Love the whole Electronic Sound to this track including
the vocals.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I'm a proud owner of the vol. 1 (physical!) CD, but I didn't like the concept of vol. 2, so I had already decided I'd discontinue collecting the Remix64 series.

But the concept of vol. 3 just hits the spot for me, and the renditions (as far as I can tell from the previews) sound extremely - awesome! Well done guys!

I'll definitely order a copy. Looking forward to listening to the full versions.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

@Chris: Payment by credit card doesn't work. I keep getting Apache server error pages. Used PayPal instead. Now downloading...
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Errors from C64Audio.com or Protx? Did you get to see a Protx screen at all?

Chris
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Sometimes I get a Protx screen where I am asked about which credit card i wanna use, and when I click "Visa", I get the error page. And sometimes I don't even see any regular Protx page but the error page immediately.

BTW, I also purchased that Back in Time 4, 5 and 6 - Digital Album thingy. I've noticed that track #7 is only a JPG image of some castle, and track #20 doesn't have any functioning download at all. Maybe you can have a look and PM me or something!?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

omoroca wrote:I'm a proud owner of the vol. 1 (physical!) CD, but I didn't like the concept of vol. 2, so I had already decided I'd discontinue collecting the Remix64 series.

But the concept of vol. 3 just hits the spot for me, and the renditions (as far as I can tell from the previews) sound extremely - awesome! Well done guys!

I'll definitely order a copy. Looking forward to listening to the full versions.
It's funny you say that really. On a personal level i thought v2 was much more quality concious than v1 and for about 6 months after it's release i thought this is spot on! But then i found myself a little disinterested with it and started playing v1 again and enjoyed listening to it more than i did v2. To this day i think v2 quality wise is very good but for enjoyment your right in saying v1 is better imho. V1 is just simply fun to listen to where as v2 is dark and moody and losses some of that what it innitially tried to address.

From what i have heard v3 re-addresses it's initial aims and on reflection after years I think markus did the right thing in brining it back on track! It was always about the scene, and maybe In my aim for quality over enjoyment i lost the plot there and lost my way.

I say "I" because v2 was more single handed than v1 which i made most of the decisions more so than Markus and maybe i got it wrong there! *sigh*