BIT Live Stockholm 2008 (Sept 13th) - Thanx for the fun!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: BIT Live Stockholm 2008 (Sept 13th) Tickets available NOW!

Post by fnordpojk »

Mayhem wrote:
Andreas Wallström wrote:Bring your ID/passport to BIT Live
We have just been informed that you must bring your ID/passport when entering the arena. This is to ensure that you are you. It has to do with rules and regulations when an event is a private function like BIT Live is.
What about us who are listed by our handles and not our real names? ;)
At least I'll be safe from that problem.. ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Well, the information e-mail answered the one question I had left (8pm Friday).

So see you there!
(Travelling down to my brother's tomorrow to be nearer the airport for Friday)
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Sara and I will arrive pretty late on the Friday - SJ (Swedish Rails) called us up to let us know that the train would be re-routed due to railworks. We're scheduled to arrive 10:15 pm, but I've never been on a train that's had anything to do with Stockholm Central and was on time. So my quess is we'll be in Stockholm some time between 10:30 and 12:00 pm.

We might swing by The Bishop's Arms even if we're late, but if we don't, see you Saturday!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Me and my wife will arrive to our hotell in sollentuna sometime on the afternoon on friday, and we will go for a nice romantic dinner that evening so we will see you all at...
ImageImageImage
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Couple of lastminute questions,

- For an ID, is the valid EU/Finnish drivers license good enough for ID ? I'd prefer not to carry my passport around.

and then, I guess, a total newbie question: If I desperately wanted to kindly ask Mr.Ouwehand/Mr.Tel/Mr.Gray to give a signature onto my C64, (already signed by a couple of legends 8) ) would it be ok for me to take the C64 to the actual event or is there any chance in meeting them celebrities @ the Friday booze-up event in The Bishop's Arms ?

Only a couple of days left.... :cheers:
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Ferrara wrote:Couple of lastminute questions,

- For an ID, is the valid EU/Finnish drivers license good enough for ID ? I'd prefer not to carry my passport around.

and then, I guess, a total newbie question: If I desperately wanted to kindly ask Mr.Ouwehand/Mr.Tel/Mr.Gray to give a signature onto my C64, (already signed by a couple of legends 8) ) would it be ok for me to take the C64 to the actual event or is there any chance in meeting them celebrities @ the Friday booze-up event in The Bishop's Arms ?

Only a couple of days left.... :cheers:
The ID will be valid enough, no worries. :) ...and Reyn and Fred will be joining us on the Friday booze-up, but Jeroen won't arrive until Saturday, so I gather it'd be better for you to bring the C64 to the event. We'll probably (and I say this as a 'probably' since I'm not 100% sure we have stow-away possibility yet) be able to help you out to put the C64 somewhere so you don't have that one dragging you down when you're dancing and headbanging to the acts... ;)

...and hey, after your awesome, very early C64-remixes, I'm sure many people attending would love to have your signature as well... :) I would be one of them if I collected autographs! :) Love your stuff, mate!

// Ziph
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

We'll probably (and I say this as a 'probably' since I'm not 100% sure we have stow-away possibility yet) be able to help you out to put the C64 somewhere so you don't have that one dragging you down when you're dancing and headbanging to the acts...
Now that, if possible, would be awesome :) I've seen enough of computers which have met their fate in the hands of coffee/wine/beer/energydrinks/dogs urine/etc (speaking of clients' computers, not my own 8) ) Liquid and computers don't match too well, unless they're Spectrums of course :twisted:
Love your stuff, mate!
Thank you :) I just wish I would have had more time nine years ago, to do more releases since sooo many requests of remixes were left unfulfilled :(

I have to keep thanking Chris (Abbott) for giving me a webpage on his C64audio-site for releasing my stuff, and for giving the motivation to continue remixing after my first release :)
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Andreas Wallström »

Ferrara,

We'll stash your signed C64 somewhere, no problem. But you have to promise to dance with the rest of us! :)

Anders, 6581's bass player, and me rehearsed five hours today and it sounds fucking good (and loud). Reyn and Eike will join us tomorrow and that's gonna be a blast!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Everything is ready, tomorrow afternoon starts my flight to Stockholm. Will somebody else from Switzerland be at BIT Live? :mrgreen:

I have two more questions about the event:

- I've read something about a crew that is filming the concert. Can I bring my photocamera to make some pictures and movies or is that no allowed since there will be an official filming?

- Can I bring two DVD-Covers from BIT Live to get some signatures from Jeroen Tel and Co.? :oops:
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Avenger wrote:Everything is ready, tomorrow afternoon starts my flight to Stockholm. Will somebody else from Switzerland be at BIT Live? :mrgreen:

I have two more questions about the event:

- I've read something about a crew that is filming the concert. Can I bring my photocamera to make some pictures and movies or is that no allowed since there will be an official filming?

- Can I bring two DVD-Covers from BIT Live to get some signatures from Jeroen Tel and Co.? :oops:
Of course you can bring your camera. In fact, we encourage that, a LOT! :)

...and yes, just bring the covers and I'm sure they'll happily sign them... :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Avenger wrote:Can I bring my photocamera to make some pictures and movies?
As Ziphoid said, it's encouraged. The more mementos of the event, the better as far as I'm concerned.

You may wish to have a read of the BITLive Flickr Group thread on the forum - lots of images there - including mine:

Waz's Back in Time Live images collection

As for me, unfortunately having my kitchen completely renovated meant that that was the priority this year. I've even forsaken having a week's holiday anywhere to have that done, and so I won't be there. However, if someone like Dan or Makke rings me during Deflektor, I'm sure I can send a "dayo dayo!" down the phone for everyone :)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ziphoid wrote:Of course you can bring your camera. In fact, we encourage that, a LOT! :)

...and yes, just bring the covers and I'm sure they'll happily sign them... :)
That's great to hear. Thanks. :)

Well then see you on Saturday. Or the day before at The Bishop's Arms. :cheers:
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Waz wrote:However, if someone like Dan or Makke rings me during Deflektor, I'm sure I can send a "dayo dayo!" down the phone for everyone :)
I'm sure something can be arranged for your dayo dayo. Shame you won't be there, without you jumping on stage screaming things will not be the same. Seems it's me and Dan doing the beer drinking then :cheers:
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

I will defenitly take my camera with me, I don't wanna miss makke and andreas get down on the dancefloor again :D :lol:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Misser wrote:
Waz wrote:However, if someone like Dan or Makke rings me during Deflektor, I'm sure I can send a "dayo dayo!" down the phone for everyone :)
I'm sure something can be arranged for your dayo dayo. Shame you won't be there, without you jumping on stage screaming things will not be the same. Seems it's me and Dan doing the beer drinking then :cheers:
Thats why I bring a camera to remember what I did during the beer drinking... got my dollars or whatever they are today, got my car back from the garage and washing a clean set of pants... see you all Saturday (still gutted I dont get in till late late Friday :( )

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)