Club DNA (the venue for the first Back in Time Live)

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Club DNA (the venue for the first Back in Time Live)

Post by Waz »

I don't know if any of you guys know this, but I was flicking through the channels on the telly here the other night, and on f:tn was this thing about Spearmint Rhino gentleman's clubs (ie: strip joints)

Anyway, as I was flicking through I noticed a very familiar skybar, so I checked for a couple of minutes and there it was.. Club DNA had been transformed into a Spearmint Rhino.

Seems like those dancers you hired gave the guys the idea eh, Chris? ;)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Tell me about it... oh, you did :)

Funny story: those Commodore logos for the lights were up in the DNA loft, and they said we had to wait for someone to get them down. About a year later, we were still waiting! So I rang them up, and they answered "World famous Spearmint Rhino": I only heard the "World Famous" bit, so I asked for "The world-famous Rob Collett". Of course,
he didn't work there any more...

So I never did get the logos back...

Chris
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Club DNA (the venue for the first Back in Time Live)

Post by Chappers »

wazzaw wrote:I don't know if any of you guys know this, but I was flicking through the channels on the telly here the other night, and on f:tn was this thing about Spearmint Rhino gentleman's clubs (ie: strip joints)

Anyway, as I was flicking through I noticed a very familiar skybar, so I checked for a couple of minutes and there it was.. Club DNA had been transformed into a Spearmint Rhino.

Seems like those dancers you hired gave the guys the idea eh, Chris? ;)
Not that I'm into this sort of thing *cough* but f:tn repeated the show again last week.

Remembered Waz's post about the club and looked for the skybar but got a bit distracted. :D :wink:

There was a decent behind-the-scenes profile of the owner of all the Spearmint Rhino clubs......no really :) Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol:

Nasty cough I've got there as well.....

Pervy Paul
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

didn't you buy the first ticket to the opening of it paul?

mine was the 2nd ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Tas wrote:didn't you buy the first ticket to the opening of it paul?

mine was the 2nd ;)
I'm surprised the ticket sellers even saw my face with the collars of my flashing mac turned up :lol:

Paul