BITLive Suggested Choons for play

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

BITLive Suggested Choons for play

Post by Waz »

You might want to have these as background tunes, or in between bands during the gig:

K-Pist: "C64"
Essential stuff. A great little homage to 8-bit by this Swedish band, especially as it mentions the 64, a Tac-2 stick and even at the end has a little bit of 8-bit choon which sounds [i]very[/i] C64-ish. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it, even if they haven't heard it before.

Console: "14 Zero Zero"
A surprise hit at BITLive 2 (London, 2001) when Peter Connolly played it. In fact, he asked me to trace him a copy of the CD after BITLive 1 so I gladly obliged thanks to (where else?) Vinyl Exchange :) Of course, check the Wizball bit at the start, hehe.

SOAP - "This Is How We Party"
The composer's a regular on the Lemon64 boards, plus he admits he was inspired (note the careful use of the word, Chris!) by Jeroen Tel's music. Might be a nice homage to have on.

Apoptygma Berzerk - "APB Goes C64"
Does exactly what it says on the tin :) I've heard this thanks to Kenz and it has lots of C64 bits in it. Rather nice.

Apoptygma Berzerk - "Kathy's Song (C64 version")
Yes, really! Check out the CD single if you don't believe me. It's on their singles collection if you can't find the single. Wonder if someone from HVSC should contact the band to see if it's a real C64 executable or just using SIDStation?

Any more for any more?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: BITLive Suggested Choons for play

Post by Makke »

wazzaw wrote:K-Pist: "C64"
Essential stuff. A great little homage to 8-bit by this Swedish band, especially as it mentions the 64, a Tac-2 stick and even at the end has a little bit of 8-bit choon which sounds very C64-ish. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it, even if they haven't heard it before.
Heh, that's my favourit K-Pist choon. :)

There's also "Monoton und Minimal (C64 version)" from Welle:Erdball, which I guess you either love or hate. :)
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Okey Dokey...

Sounds like a kewl list of choons - I already have a "WIP" set for after the live event which I will actually attempt to mix live :) (wish me luck at most C64 remixes don't mix too well!)

Where can I get hold of these tracks?

Regards
Skitz
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: BITLive Suggested Choons for play

Post by Waz »

Makke wrote: There's also "Monoton und Minimal (C64 version)" from Welle:Erdball, which I guess you either love or hate. :)
Hate, because unfortunately the band use an 8580 SID, not a 6581 (This has been confirmed from one of the Welle: Erdball folk - thanks to Stephan Schmid for finding that one out)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

what's 'bout:

Komputerwelt / Computerworld

and