SHOCK NEWS: DJ Skitz in epic HDD failure!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

SHOCK NEWS: DJ Skitz in epic HDD failure!

Post by skitz »

Breaking News

It was uncovered today that DJ Skitz has found number of Hard Disk errors in his E: drive which contained much of his life. This has left the world famous DJ in a bit of a pickle because the offending Samsung HD501LJ drive seemed to experience an identity crisis and thought it was some kind of cross country skier for a while and went for a casual skate all over the disk leaving the content in an unknown state.

After initially shouting out like Ned Flander's from The Simpons which could apparently be heard from the far corners of Milton Springsteen he started to piece back the pieces of his life that the corporate giant Sumsung had stolen from him (heartless bastards!). It was touch and go for a while but using his skillful hands much of the content was able to be saved to the much safer hands of a Western Digital recepticle of information.

This experience has obviously left DJ Skitz in a state of shock and his life is in complete tatters trying to piece together the pieces of his once wondeful life in cyberspace and he will not be doing his normal Saturday Night Warmup Show this weekend, not because of the HDD failure but simply because he has other plans on Saturday Night! :hysterical:

DJ Skitz's final comment was that he would return in the future when they have invented wall mounted keyboards....
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: SHOCK NEWS: DJ Skitz in epic HDD failure!

Post by Chris Abbott »

Ooooh, nasty :( Commisserrattions...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Sadly too many of these drives come in my way for restoration.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Even the best of us can neglect to make safety backups.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

That reminds me to make backups on what I have on my HDD now :shock:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Analog-X64 wrote:Sadly too many of these drives come in my way for restoration.
Uh Oh! How about the Samsung HD154UI and Samsung HD32KJ? Got mixed opinions so far...

@Skitz:
I hope you can scrape everything of worth from the carcass of that HDD... Sudden disk death isn't exactly fun and piecing it all together from backups neither - IF you have backups...
All is lost.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Back in 2006, there was a batch of Hitachi 2.5" Drives that had a faulty firmware that would lead to drive failure, I got wind of it and warned enough of my clients and saved thousands of dollars for them.

The problem was, the time the drive needed to sit in idle before the drive heads parking was set too low.

You can imagine, Windows or any other operating system needs to access the drive numerous times, that includes the SWAP files. So the drives were failing prematurely because they would constantly go into park mode and come out of park mode.

There was a firmware fix, but by the time you knew there was a problem it was too late.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120