Announcement: Immortal 3

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

This is the CD he's refering to:

http://www.mbdrecords.com/index.php?page_nr_83
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

very interesting, thank you !

I wonder if the remixes will still keep the particular st sound or be completely different and just keep the melodies ! (which I wouldn't like personaly as I love old school sounds :)...

/me is looking for a pre-order button :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

It's a mixture of both, some keep very close while others do change the pattern a little. it's about a 50/50 split, about 90% however do have a very retro feel in style and sound.

Pre-ordering should begin in March.
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

Great, I'll buy 2 or 3 copies for friends when released :)

Edit : if the first one turns out to be good ;)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

AAARRGH!!! The enemy has taken over the "Immortal" newsthread!!! :shock:

Hehe, just kidding - in fact, everyone interested in the "Immortal" CD series should take a closer look at the "Revival ST" project as many of the featured composers (like Jochen Hippel, David Whittaker or Tim Follin) were active on both machines, the Atari ST and Amiga. BTW: welcome to the Remix 64 board, Mahendra! :D

Not much news on the production of "Immortal 3" - the musicians are busy getting their stuff finished (well, at least I hope they are). Recently got an exciting demo from Allister Brimble, who is working on an epic orchestral version of "Alien Breed" for the CD... Allister is currently specializing in writing symphonic stuff and has set up a page at http://www.orchestralmedia.co.uk together with fellow musician Anthony Putson - check out the previews there and you'll get an impression of what his "Alien Breed" suite will eventually sound like.
Last edited by Jim Power on 09/05/2005 - 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, sorry about that jan ;)

Very keen on hearing the next edition of Immortal. As far as i see it, each edition keeps getting better and i'm sure the 3rd will be a bit special too.
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

Thanks Jan :) Well, I really can't wait for Immortal 3 either ; I'm particularly excited by the fact it's gonna be a double album :) But we should let the musicians take their time to bring us something as good as possible :)
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Hi Jan, it's that time again! 8)

Can you give us an update how the new Immortal album is coming together?:)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Hi there again & sorry for being so quiet lately... :?

We're still working hard to finish the "Immortal 3" album; if everything goes well, it will feature a total of 38 tracks and a total playing time of about 150 minutes - I hope that will make up a bit for the long time you've all been waiting now! I'll be off to Frankfurt on Thursday to finish the "Gods" track with Fabian and I actually hope to have all tracks together by the end of this month (fingers crossed).

BTW: some of you may have noticed I was looking for an arranger on this board to work on an arrangement of "Trolls" a while ago. I'd like to thank everybody who submitted a remix - the album will feature a very special version, which has been approved by the original composer Phil Nixon.
Lem
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lem »

Thanks for the update Jan! Glad to hear it's coming along nicely.. I so can't wait to buy Immortal 3! :)
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

It really sounds like Immortal 3 will feature great stuff! Hope to hear more news soon! 8)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Jan Zottmann wrote: Allister is currently specializing in writing symphonic stuff and has set up a page at http://www.orchestralmedia.co.uk together with fellow musician Anthony Putson - check out the previews there and you'll get an impression of what his "Alien Breed" suite will eventually sound like.
Yes go to http://www.orchestralmedia.co.uk It's Great, but don't click on the credits page and laugh at my picture.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

HAHAHA!

*cough* sorry :oops:
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

Jan : I can't wait, this seems it will really be an amazing album. 150 minutes !! Gees ! :)

I hope the oldschool sounds will be retained.

Will we know soon ? :))

/me can't wait to review it :)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

OK, time for a small update again: I'm still chasing a few latecomers, but I'm confident I will have the missing tracks on my desk soon; Fabian and I have completed the "Gods" track plus the main theme from "Lotus 3" by Patrick Phelan now, and I finally got the CD logo from Tobias Richter last week. The cover artwork will be a homage to Psygnosis / Roger Dean and was painted by Dawid Michalczyk this time. I'll be sure to let you know when the musical part has been completed - I will also upload a couple of previews then... thank you for your support & patience so far :!: