Possible new ROTY category

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Possible new ROTY category

Post by Monty »

Hi folks,

it was just wondering if it wouldn't be a nice thing to give some sort of credit to reviewers/shouters by adding a category "Reviewer of the year"?
Don't know if there would be a big progression throughout the years or if it would always be LaLa, but others could take on the challenge ;)
It could also be some kind of extra motivation to write a more sophisticated review than just give a quick opinion based on taste (as discussed recently).

What do you think?

Cheers, Monty
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Possible new ROTY category

Post by LMan »

Hey Monty, thanks for the suggestion!

Indeed there is a huge difference in the writing of the reviews. However seing how hard it is to get people voting for the other ROTY categories (as you might have noticed we have hugely simplified that), I doubt enough people would use the feature at all to make a comprehensive list.

Would be nice to have a "Was this review helpful to you?" button, though. Must consider how much coding effort this would be.
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Possible new ROTY category

Post by Monty »

Hi LMan!

Dunno, I was just thinking about some easy way to say thank you to the people who take their time to write something thoughtful or funny about the tracks. Some of them doing it persistently for many many years now.

Of course you could always send those guys a message, which would be more or less equivalent to the button-thing you proposed, wouldn't it? Okay, it's easier to click a button to write something but how sure is it that the reviewer even gets notice of the click?

Plus I thought it could be more fun to make it some kind of contest 8)
I can't estimate the coding effort though. And yeah, maybe you're right with not enough people caring about such a feature... :sadnod: