Remix64-board login issues

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Remix64-board login issues

Post by Mordi »

Hi,

I've had some issues regarding login for years now, and today it happened once again; my stored password stopped working. This was via the main login-menu (that appears when you click the "login" button on the upper right). It's quite odd - every once in a while it simply stops working. I have now changed password again, and updated the stored password in Chrome. I haven't experienced this problem on other forums, but on the other I hand I don't understand how this can't be an issue on my end.

Another issue is that the "remember me" option doesn't seem to work, as I have to manually log in every time. Maybe the timer is just set lower than my frequency of visits? I feel like I visit the site often.

There is also a problem with the login-form at the bottom of the board-index: http://i.imgur.com/ucWXXm3.gifv
I have had it work before, but today I can't seem to login using that form. I am certain the password entered is correct, as I had just changed it minutes before attempting to log in.

I am using Chrome version 50.0.2661.94 m, in Windows 10.
Check out my website.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Remix64-board login issues

Post by C64GLeN »

Mordi wrote: Another issue is that the "remember me" option doesn't seem to work, as I have to manually log in every time. Maybe the timer is just set lower than my frequency of visits? I feel like I visit the site often.
Is something blocking the cookie, Adblock maybe?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hi Mordi,

and thanks for the report. All symptomps point towards what C64GLeN said, something must be blocking or deleting the forum cookies. Can you check that?

Markus
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Today I was able to use the login on the bottom of the board index. The only extension I have installed is AdBlock. I can try whitelisting the remix64 domain and see how it goes after that. I guess I'll need some time to test this.
Check out my website.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I tried whitelisting the remix64 domain in adblock, but the "remember me" option still doesn't work:
Check out my website.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

I think I've had this problem before, but not necessarily here. Make sure you're logged out, and then delete all the cookies in the browser associated with the website. Then try to log in again.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

These kind of login issues are usually a local problem and with the browser / caching system. You can clear your browser cache by forgetting about just this site and see if that resolves the issue.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Randomly, my login stops working, too. But in my case, that is likely related to some browser issues, as the browser history tends to go haywire on me as well. Firefox tends to crash a lot but usually after starting it up next day, it remembers the login again.
All is lost.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Starting to get the same issue as Mordi now, logged out each time...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...