Replace / Update track feature

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
eclexp
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Replace / Update track feature

Post by eclexp »

Hello, I guess it may not fit the way submitions are created but I would love to be able to update tracks if it would be possible. This feature is already available in some music streaming sites that I'm using (I do not list them because publicity is not the goal of this post).

My songs are usually an evolving process, I learn music while I create them and I keep updating them every time I have a new idea, instrument, skill or technique that I think improves them. I do not miss the chance of revisiting my own work if I can do anything better. I submit songs when they have enough quality so I can receive feedback, I also let people colaborate and submit voices and sometimes I change synths with real instruments.

So I guess it is explained why I request the feature of being able to replace and update tracks, if it is not possible it is ok but I would like to use this chance to suggest this feature.

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Replace / Update track feature

Post by LMan »

Hi and welcome to Remix64 :)

First you have to understand what the scene sites are. remix.kwed.org (RKO) and amigaremix.com (AR) are file repositories for the completed and final versions of your remixes.

Those sites do not provide any user profile or track info pages. That's where Remix64 comes into play. Sign up at the main site and connect to your rko/ar name, then you can add those infos.

If you wish to share your WIPs, submit them to Soundcloud or other and post them here in the forum's WIP section.

And if you *really* need to replace a submitted track later, you'll have to contact the respective owners of RKO (Kwed) and AR (Ziphoid).
eclexp
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by eclexp »

Hi LMan, thanks for the answer, I did not understand how to link my amigaremix account to Remix64, Now I did it and manged to add description to my tracks. Thanks for the info.

It is not really necesary to update the tracks, I will add links to my soundcloud when necessary.

Thanks!
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I think there have been cases where people have sent in a minor revision of a tune - like fixing some blatant errors and whatnot - and then sending a mail to Kwed/Ziphoid to have them replace it. Should be possible, but only as a "last resort", I guess.
Check out my website.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

What the others said. RKO is intended for the final versions of tunes, not as a place for a remix to "evolve" as such. Sure, there have been cases in the past where an artist has gone back to revisit earlier work, but most often that has been a seperate upload along with a request to remove the old version. This also has the benefit of the sites not showing user feedback for earlier versions.

There has also been cases of people resubmitting updated versions of remixes before the original upload was processed (and things rarely stay queued for long as it is). In those cases I have asked people to calm their urge to release things fast in exchange for releasing things when they're ready.

Hope that helps. And welcome to one of the friendliest fan communities on the interwebs. :)