FULL Amigaremix Archive Download Option!

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Rittmeister39

FULL Amigaremix Archive Download Option!

Post by Rittmeister39 »

hi guys!

Is there an option to download ALL Amiga Remixes (amigaremix.com) somehow, like RKO offers yearly torrents (e.g.RKO-2018 Complete), or do I have to click every single file or use a spider to grab em all?
thanks and have nice day! :duh:

guess this isnt the best place to ask. forum was linked on amigaremix as "forum" LOL
guess ill just use a bot program
Last edited by Rittmeister39 on 07/09/2019 - 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Rittmeister39

Re: FULL Amigaremix Archive Download Option?

Post by Rittmeister39 »

thanks for the help guys, appreciate it
Rittmeister39

Re: FULL Amigaremix Archive Download Option!

Post by Rittmeister39 »

Easy enough with Firefox browser and DownThemAll extention https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... wnthemall/
Just open each individual page eg. https://www.amigaremix.com/remixes/9 and download 40 MP3s with one click (32 pages in total).
PauloManrique

Post by PauloManrique »

I wrote a small PHP script to download all the songs, skipping the ones you already have. Hope this is useful for more people.

https://github.com/paulomanrique/amigaremix-downloader
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

While this is a working method that I so far haven't put any countermeasure upon, it's not really the best way, and it'll soon be void because I'm about to restructure the whole site and at the same time also change the file names to better reflect reality...

I noticed a bunch of requests from the same IP a couple of days ago and could almost guess this was what was happening, but I didn't really bother at that point. I find it quite fine that someone wants the whole collection, so I guess I'll allow this for now. It MIGHT be so that I'll rate-limit the amount of requests, though, if this is used too much. I have currently no plans to set up any full-site torrent or something, which is why I'm letting this one slip for the time being.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Ziphoid wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">18/11/2022 - 8:28</span> I noticed a bunch of requests from the same IP a couple of days ago and could almost guess this was what was happening, but I didn't really bother at that point. I find it quite fine that someone wants the whole collection, so I guess I'll allow this for now. It MIGHT be so that I'll rate-limit the amount of requests, though, if this is used too much. I have currently no plans to set up any full-site torrent or something, which is why I'm letting this one slip for the time being.
What's the issue with torrents? I think Kwed's Torrents for the previous years system works well.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

What's the issue with torrents? I think Kwed's Torrents for the previous years system works well.
There's really no issue with torrents. I just can't be arsed to set them up. :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Creating the torrent is the easy part (see below), it's getting the initial seed up and running that's a bit of a bother for my setup - I'm fairly confident that the process would be way smoother if I just ran something like Transmission on macOS/Windows, instead of using Deluge on a Raspberry Pi to get the ball rollling.

Here's the RKO recipe tweaked for AR use:

Code: Select all

mktorrent -a udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce -l 21 -n 'AmigaRemix.com - All-in-one download' /path/to/AmigaRemix-CompleteCollection/ --output=amigaremix.torrent
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Thanx, Jan.

There are some other things to take into consideration, though, since all the files stored on disk are simply named with their ID as a filename, so I'd basically need to generate a treestructure of links. So, possible to solve, but won't happen at this point in time. I need to get the new version of the site out the door first, then we'll see... :) But good to know who to bother with this when that time comes. ;)

Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I guess a lot of fans would be happy about it.
Thrilled for the new site.
Also noticed your text over there and wish you a quick recovery! Take care, m8!

Oh, god. Just noticed that I've been registered here for 20 years.
All is lost.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

This is now prepared for in the new engine that was released today. It'll appear at https://www.amigaremix.com/archive once I've had the time to go through the whole list of remixes and made sure that they are correctly bagged and tagged, because I've found quite a lot of inconsistencies with some of the older tracks and I haven't gotten around to sort that yet.