Voting System suggestions...

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Lman: Yeah... you all seemed a little "gruff" in the other topic, but I can take it :lol: I can pretty much understand how "jesus! not again!" it must feel to see these topics, especialy when you're the one who is behind the darn thing called "system" :wink: .. and thumbs up for a good system, I'm not trying to give it thumbs down, but I'm sure you've figured that out by now :) ... I'm just trying to give idears to improve...

I can see both fors and againsts of a genre feature... I can see the pros of not making it anything to do with the voting system... that was why I changed the idear to being just a simple search feature instead...

Now I would not want to listen to lesser amounts of released work here, even if there were this feature, and I think that the way new material is presented on RKO would allow all to be heard as much as they have the whole time... afterall new material comes in small batches...

for me, it's just that I've missed the ability once in a while, to search for a certain genre when having friends over for a party... now we're oldschool techno nerds, and we god damned won't listen to anything accoustic when we warm up for a night out :lol: (this is not to provoke anyone making rock etc.), but it's just too much of a hassle to go through every track on RKO as it is right now. I don't want to be spendin' the whole evenin' pressing titles over and over again... I'm supposed to be having a good time with friends right? :cheers:

Do you really believe, that some people will be heard less because of such a sorting feature?

and about the tagging of all the material on RKO... let the artists do it themselves!... I'm sure that if such a feature exist, that anyone wanting their work to show up in a genre would gladly do this.... and those who do not... a shame for them... they'll just not show up in a search :wink: ... you could even let people choose NOT to be categorised... yuo'll be able to let everyone have it the way they want it.

I just see no harm done here.... just an improvement... but I can understand if it's too much work for you Lman... only do it, if it's reasonable of course :)

Maybe I'm just the odd person here, I don't know... not many people buzz in on the topic exept those who have contrary oppinions on my idear... maybe a simple poll would tell us more if it is something people would like to see?
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

...and now that we're at it... please make a function also, that allow you to make a random playlist of a set number of tunes from RKO for playback in WMP :P .... that would be cool, and you could close down Slay Radio after that ..... :eekout:

...just kidding! Ziphoid have mercy on me! :worship:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

razmo wrote:for me, it's just that I've missed the ability once in a while, to search for a certain genre when having friends over for a party... now we're oldschool techno nerds, and we god damned won't listen to anything accoustic when we warm up for a night out :lol: (this is not to provoke anyone making rock etc.), but it's just too much of a hassle to go through every track on RKO as it is right now. I don't want to be spendin' the whole evenin' pressing titles over and over again... I'm supposed to be having a good time with friends right? :cheers:
You could also tag your files on your local machine. Either by genre, or in the comments field. Then it's just a matter of setting up some automatic playlists that list everything with "8bit Gabber" (or whatever your fancy is) in the comments field. I know iTunes is able to do this, and I bet Windows Media Player, Amarok and others like them has that feature too.
razmo wrote:and about the tagging of all the material on RKO... let the artists do it themselves!... I'm sure that if such a feature exist, that anyone wanting their work to show up in a genre would gladly do this.... and those who do not... a shame for them... they'll just not show up in a search :wink: ...
So you crave a genre feature, yet you'd be totally okay with the information not being present on a lot of tracks, thus making you miss out on stuff when searching? That doesn't compute.
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

I personally think the current voting system is okay. It's not to be taken too seriously, and from what I've experienced the last couple of years the scores are somewhat "accurate" (both in a personal perspective and the more broader view). I mean, it's like Eurovision Song Contest. How can you compete with music? It's ridiculous. The only thing that should be a requirement is that any critique made in the shouts should be constructive, not derogatory or demeaning. Any shouts/comments that are only blatant down-putting should be deleted.
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."