Wishlist

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Wishlist

Post by kjetiln »

My wishlist:

* Each tune gets its own messagewall. Shouts will still be there, but here the remixer can take part in the "conversation".

* Each remixer gets its own messagewall on his profilepage.

* A tune's rank is displayed on the arranger's profilepage.

* Display the date of a shout.

Anyone? :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Wishlist

Post by Vosla »

Reads as:

A whooping assload of work for LMan.
If this doesn't impact site performance and LMan has no life otherwise, this could happen.
But I doubt it. :eekout:
All is lost.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

kjetiln wrote:My wishlist:

* Each tune gets its own messagewall. Shouts will still be there, but here the remixer can take part in the "conversation".

* Each remixer gets its own messagewall on his profilepage.

* A tune's rank is displayed on the arranger's profilepage.

* Display the date of a shout.
Heyho and thanks for the suggestions.
- I thought of a "reply" function for shouts, but this would mean changing the shouting rules somewhat (prevent editing of shouts and such)

- Messagewall on the profile page... hmm must ponder this.

- Tune rank is not on the arranger's profile page because it is the arranger's profile page and should mainly represent the arranger, not what other people think of him. This philosophy actually disqualifies the messagewall.

- Date of a shout... hmm what for? Would clutter the display. But I'm open for opinions, so please discuss this.

Of course, making all those features optional would solve the philosophical problem, but as of now I can not spare enough time to implement all this. There has not been an ease on my real life tasks for a cople of years now, thus improvements of remix64 come in slowly.
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by kjetiln »

I think shouts are fine without replies. Shouts are basically just information to the remixer anyway.
However, usually a remixer likes to discuss the tunes, and I think it's just a good thing to offer a remixer to have a messagewall on his/her page or on the tune's pages. It is also a good way for the listeners and fans of the remixer to express their opinions in detail. I agree it should be optional and perhaps he/she should be able moderate it.

To see when a comment is shouted is not important, but I don't see why it shouldn't be there.. It would be nice to see if a shout is 3 years old or two months old.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

kjetiln wrote:I think shouts are fine without replies. Shouts are basically just information to the remixer anyway.
However, usually a remixer likes to discuss the tunes, and I think it's just a good thing to offer a remixer to have a messagewall on his/her page or on the tune's pages. It is also a good way for the listeners and fans of the remixer to express their opinions in detail. I agree it should be optional and perhaps he/she should be able moderate it.

To see when a comment is shouted is not important, but I don't see why it shouldn't be there.. It would be nice to see if a shout is 3 years old or two months old.
The song discussion thingy exists over at slayradio.org. It also includes various other bits of information.
A good example of usage could be Reyn Ouwehand's Green Beret. Have a look: http://www.slayradio.org/discuss.php?ID=2999&what=song

Cheerio!
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by kjetiln »

That's very cool, but not too active it seems..
Perhaps each C64 tune on Remix64 could have a link to the slayradio discussion page, if that's not too much hazzle?
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

kjetiln wrote:That's very cool, but not too active it seems..
Perhaps each C64 tune on Remix64 could have a link to the slayradio discussion page, if that's not too much hazzle?
It's a fairly new feature so it hasn't gotten that much attention yet, but it's slowly filling in...
But yes, it would be nice to link from r64 to slayradio. On my end a fairly simple task to feed LMan the SLAY Radio song ID<->RKO/R64 song ID link table. Don't know what it would entail in form of work for LMan though.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Let's create an interface some time. :)