Post count dropped.

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post count dropped.

Post by Dumper »

I was just wondering why my post count has dropped by at least 50 posts. Has there been a tidy up?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Post count dropped.

Post by LMan »

Hi Dumper,

the birthday threads get auto-deleted from time to time. And sometimes, the post count is recalculated from the actual amount of posts, which happened yesterday...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

...and the board theme seems to have gone back to default as well?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

We've switched to the phpBB prosilver theme. The old theme is technically outdated, and we wish to stay up-to-date with the templates and functionalities as well.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

big chock coming on the site :D Looks nice :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

LMan wrote:Hi Dumper,

the birthday threads get auto-deleted from time to time. And sometimes, the post count is recalculated from the actual amount of posts, which happened yesterday...
Okay, thanks for letting me know LMan.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Good job on the update.

I run forums for my wifes website and I dread updates, they never go smoothly and its a pain if you customize templates.

I'll have to get used to this template :)

I knew something interesting was going to happen when I couldnt logon in the morning :cheers:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

LMan wrote:We've switched to the phpBB prosilver theme. The old theme is technically outdated, and we wish to stay up-to-date with the templates and functionalities as well.
I find myself reading posts left-to-right-to-left now that the avatar and other author information has been moved to the far right, and it's making me slightly dizzy. Sure, the authors name can also be found beneath the heading, but it's loads faster to identify the author by avatar.

Bet any japanese visitors won't have this problem, though.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I agree that it needs getting used to. I was kind of fond of the old layout, although overall usability is better in this new one.
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

Great improvement, if I might say!

The only gripe is the right-side avatars. That feels to be upside down... er... rightside left :)
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

honestly, i think the old layout looked better and was more readable. It was easier to see which subforums / threads had new posts, and easier to see who posted something with the avatar on the left.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Yeah kind of. In the end it's about getting used to it I guess.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

I like it, its all very neat to look at (or maybe thats just my new monitor?) and yeah it does take a little time to get used too but I think its definitely better this way and if the background stuff helps out the people who look after it then all the more fantastic.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Any place that upgraded has redone the templates to how they were before and moved the avatars to the left. No where I'm on (a good 20+ forums) has stuck with this layout for some (and more) of the reasons listed above...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Luckily, they've built the HTML structure and CSS pretty neatly so all that was needed was to change one left to a right and two rights to a left. How does this feel? :) (in case you still see the profile info to the right, press Ctrl-F5 to reload the cache)

I like the overall style in this new theme, but having the profile info to the right just makes it a mess to read and I'm not Japanese either... :P
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com