[BUG?] RKO uploader not working

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

[BUG?] RKO uploader not working

Post by Mordi »

I've tried uploading two tunes to RKO today and yesterday, and both times they failed. They were different tunes. It takes two seconds, and then it gives me the "Upload success"-page, but no confirmation e-mail. I used chrome to upload, and I also tried uploading to Ziph's server with FTP, which worked fine.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Check out my website.
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: [BUG?] RKO uploader not working

Post by Monty »

i uploaded a track a week ago and it worked fine.
but i got no confirmation email.
used firefox.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I uploaded a track yesterday as well, and it got added to the queue, but I didn't get an e-mail.
Maybe Kwed has disabled the feature.
Check out my website.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Your Wizball mix got queued fine. No idea about what's causing the e-mails not to get sent out, though.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

There was a move of e-mail functionality from the particular server where RKO resides but It'll be fixed as soon as possible...
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

There we go. Mail functionality is now back in order. Sorry for the inconvenience.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

New upload, email confirmation received this time :)
thanks for fixing!
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

In my case I have to upload the remixes via Internet Explorer. I tried it several times via Firefox, but without success. I don't know the exact message I received after trying to upload the mix anymore, but something with "error", "script failure" and "caused by your browser". I don't know the reason, but I ain't got any problems anywhere else until now.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

TNT wrote:In my case I have to upload the remixes via Internet Explorer. I tried it several times via Firefox, but without success. I don't know the exact message I received after trying to upload the mix anymore, but something with "error", "script failure" and "caused by your browser". I don't know the reason, but I ain't got any problems anywhere else until now.
Maybe a Firefox add-on like Adblock or Noscript could be causing the problem, try it in Firefox safe mode and see if it makes any difference.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Thanks, I'll try this next time. :)

Another question: Could it be possible that there are wrong informations concerning the song's duration? I just ask because after uploading a song the shown information was wrong, the duration is about half a minute longer. Could it be a bug or is this an individual case for some reason?
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

It seems that you're right, I successfully uploaded a tune via firefox safe mode. I guess that Adblock is the problem. :/

Anyway, the information concerning the tune's duration is still wrong. Again there's about half a minute missing. So obviously it wasn't an individual case last time...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

The track length is extracted using the getID3 library, and is used only to display on the site. The upload processor doesn't do anything with it.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Uploading a tune seems not to work. I tried it several times without success. Everytime I try I get the message that for one thing the sid couldn't be found in the database and for another thing the filetype of my uploaded track would be wrong. This is definitely not the case! Here's the message I received after trying the upload:

Uploaded file: - .mp3
SID not found in HVSC 57.
SID subtune missing. If the SID only has one tune, enter "1" on the form.Analysing file...
Filetype:
Duration:
Bitrate:
Samplerate:
Wrong filetype. This site only accepts mp3 files.
Please notice that some versions of LAME produce bugged MP3s, so if you're using an earlier version please upgrade it and try submitting your tune again.Your submission wasn't added to the queue. Please go back and correct any faulty items before trying again.

An error occured while processing your upload. You probably chose an invalid filename or forgot to select a file.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

I uploaded a tune this morning without a problem? I used Audacity with Lame to encode the mp3 at 192kps constant bitrate using Firefox version 16.0.1
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

I did it the same way as always and changed nothing. I usually use CDex for encoding, but without question everything works fine except uploading at RKO. All my other tunes were encoded the same way. I tried the upload using Firefox 13.0.1 as well as Safari, but same thing. The message I received is shown above. But it's 100% sure that the tune I'm about to upload is an mp3 and it's working fine! Its bitrate is the same as always, 224kbps. It's also 100% sure that there's no mistake concerning the path of the sid-File.
Here it is: MUSICIANS/D/Dunn_Jonathan/Dragon_Ninja.sid
Also every information needed for uploading the tune is there. Nothing's missing. I don't know what could cause that mistake. I tried uploading the tune after deleting all temp files etc., but nothing happened. Still the same, uploading not possible. I give up for today and will try it again in a few days. Maybe it's just the system itself. Or a bug occurred for real. I don't know, I'm just a simple user, not an expert.
Last edited by TNT on 13/10/2012 - 23:44, edited 1 time in total.