Back in Time Live 2004: IMPORTANT! READ THIS NOW!!!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Do you like this plan?

Yes, I want to go to this venue
93%
No, I don't like the look of this venue
7%

Total votes: 29

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Back in Time Live 2004: IMPORTANT! READ THIS NOW!!!

Post by Chris Abbott »

Since London was winning the vote, we went ahead and tried to find a venue. We think we succeeded, though to get it, we're back to the original plan of Saturday 11th September (we might as well remember this date for something good as well as something tragic)

http://www.lso.co.uk/lsostlukes/

"LSO St Luke's is an 18th-century Grade 1 listed church, restored to become the new home of the LSO's community and music education programme LSO Discovery. It houses LSO rehearsals and evening chamber concerts, as well as free public lunchtime concerts and community events, including Balinese gamelan sessions.

Located on London's Old Street, EC1, LSO St Luke's is a stylish and sophisticated venue, available to hire for rehearsals, recordings and chamber music performances as well as a wide variety of corporate and private events."

It's where the London Symphony Orchestra practice, but it's a lot more than that: it's a state of the art concert venue with variable acoustics, a bar, and more credibility than you can shake a stick at :) Plus it's a converted church, so I'm hoping the performers will get into the spirit of things, and maybe even wear Monks Clothes :)

The show will be presented by "The Reverend Benn" :)

Isn't it weird: we start off in a nightclub that later became a lapdancing club, and now we're in a church :) And we're launching the "Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll" DVD in said church. Cool!!

So: your thoughts? Basically the weekend would go like this:

Friday: you arrive in London, and meet up at the Pitcher and Piano in Soho for drinkies and pub crawl.

Saturday: wake up late with hangover, finally feel better, venture into London for a late breakfast. Spend the afternoon back at the Pitcher and Piano. At 5.30, make your way to the venue for a 6:30 concert start. Concert will finish around 10.30 (if someone will sponsor an extra hour, that would be great!). After that, convene to designated pub in immediate area, or catch last train home.

Sunday: chill, basically :) Go home :)

Concert will be more acts than last time, but feature many of the same people! :)

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 20/06/2004 - 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll" DVD ?

I just looked at the site photos, the place looks AMAZING !!!
- how much would it cost to sponsor the last hour ? or 2 ? - i may have an interested sponsor.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

U forgot to mention if there was a bar in this place? :?

Yes there is...great :)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> how much would it cost to sponsor the last hour ? or 2 ? -
Well, it's not cheap: they were quoting another £500 + VAT for each hour after 10.30pm. Plus we'd have to apply for an extension to the licencing hours (we got one at Brighton, so I'll just reuse the same persuasive bumph).

It's because they've all got to stay up late if we stay on :)

Mind you, any sponsorship is welcome, however small, even if it's just thousands of pounds ;-) {hehe}

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yes, there's a bar.

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Which bit of:
It's where the London Symphony Orchestra practice, but it's a lot more than that: it's a state of the art concert venue with variable acoustics, a bar, and more credibility than you can shake a stick at
did you miss Dan ;) - And, if you take the time to click on the website .... YOU CAN SEE PICS OF IT :D lol ....

PS: Chris, ive sent word about the sponsorship, soon as i hear back, ill let you know.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Mmmm! Gothic! This is great - the more I think about it the more excited I get. (Kinda reminds me of Gamesmaster series 1 in the UK - classic!) :D

I can see it now - Press Play on Tape dressed as monks march on stage in single file with medieval chanting playing - drop their habits (oo-er!) to reveal their snazzy Kraftwerk gear and then BAM! Into their first track they go. (This isn't planned by the way - I'm just having visions!)

And presented by the mad Rev. Benn too. Epic! :D

If any of you arrangers are gonna do a BitLive2004 theme then maybe you should focus on tracks like Master of Magic, Wizardry and Spellbound etc?

Cool! *Excited mode*
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Dominic Diamond was a prick Kenz lol .... the birds were pretty cool though, and ive no comment for the Golden Joystick Award lol ....

Afterthought ... maybe the show could kick off with a trance version of the Halo theme (xbox) .... thats monks, or the Moonstone theme from Amiga.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

A prick?! He added the word "pants" to my vocabulary! :lol:
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Zzapback
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzapback »

Looks great! I'm in!

But I hope it's like this:

And not like this?:

After BIT it probably looks like this:

:wink:

Can I book my tickets yet?

Btw, is this close to the center?

Getting more and more excited... 8)
The future is Retro...(sorta)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

God be praised!

I think it looks cool. Would be good, me thinks, if there were a way to get somewhere to sit in there (like in Brighton). It's not as fun to perform infront of an audience that's sitting down, but it sure was comfy to be able to sit down and sip a beer while watching the excellent performances.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Makke wrote:God be praised!

I think it looks cool. Would be good, me thinks, if there were a way to get somewhere to sit in there (like in Brighton). It's not as fun to perform infront of an audience that's sitting down, but it sure was comfy to be able to sit down and sip a beer while watching the excellent performances.
You old git!! It's a concert - you should stand up and be bouncing around all night!

btw, Zzapback it's about 5 stops on the Tube to get to Leicster Square if that's what you mean... not far at all..

Oh yeah... screw the "Pitcher and Piano", I'll be heading towards "Browns" which about 5 minutes from the venue and is open from Noon daily. It has females taking off their clothes for you and all you need to do is toss a pound into to a pint glass every now and again and enjoy the show :)

This is just perfect for everybody!

Rigs
Skitz
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> But I hope it's like this:
It is, it is.

> Is it close to the centre
Well, yes. It's kind of within the circle line, near to Moorgate and Barbican tube stations. Plus I'm reliably informed (by Skitz) that there is nearby (a) a strip club, and (b) the hotels are cheaper in that area. Basically this area is "The City" (i.e. the original City of London area), which means it's there to service the people who "work in the City" (i.e. financial institutions, etc).

The nearest tubes are Old Street (Northern Line) and Barbican (Circle Line). It's within walking distance from either (five to ten minutes walk, is my guess).

And the number 55 bus goes from right outside the venue to Oxford Circus! The 243 goes straight to Waterloo...

And from the Barbican tube station, it's easy to get to Kings Cross, Euston and Paddington. Result!! ;-)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Actually it will be seated: after all, the concert is about 4 hours long (but with two intervals). So people will need the rest :) People can still stand up during "Deflektor" :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

If people want to check transport and stuff:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

London transport in a nutshell :)

Chris