C64 Mafia returns!!!!!! - Forbidden Forest!!

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Don Peppino
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Don Peppino »

Andreas Wallström wrote:it needs more of the original track to make it kick ass.
Yeah, right.
It features *all* the melody of the original track.

Anyway, you're right. Why waste time trying to do something original when you just have to send the midi data to a mothafuckin' GM/GS module to make the whole troll-world happy?

I'll tell you.

'Cos we're the mafia 8)
Don Peppino
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

yeah

Post by Dimmignatt »

I said the production was good did i not ??
but it's not my style and i cant connect this to the original..
It's more of an own song..
But hey other seems to like so obviously it was not a total fuckup !!! :)

The most important is that you like it yourself.

Bye from me..

och jag vet inte var ifrån jag fått detta namn men så har det blivit.
:P
Don Peppino
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: yeah

Post by Don Peppino »

Dimmignatt wrote: och jag vet inte var ifrån jag fått detta namn men så har det blivit.
Miiiiii, 'u figghiebottana fa 'u strunz! Afammocc' chit'ammuorto.
Don Peppino
Papa Sid
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: yeah

Post by Papa Sid »

Dimmignatt wrote:The most important is that you like it yourself.
The mafia is very pleased. And so is Stakka Bo.
Dimmignatt wrote:och jag vet inte var ifrån jag fått detta namn men så har det blivit.
Bara skoja jö! ;)
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

hehe

Post by Dimmignatt »

Stakka Bo is on he's knees and beg you to do a song for him.. ;)

keep up the work and do people happy (even if it's not me) hehe..

Take care
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

never bothered listening to the original track until i listened to this.. i can get the link between the two and i think its f'ing excellent.

good lyrical content both funny and catchy at the same time, excellent use of samples etc etc its all very well constructed.... so why the (fair enough very few) complaints? its a remix... its not meant to sound 1:1 to the original ya silly people!.... and as far as remix's go this is at least an orange face worth... so yay to the mafioso's.

excellent work :-)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I just felt the original was so buried and quiet they may as well have deleted it entirely. I'm always one that clamours for more "original" C64 remixes, so this tune should be congratulated for that. However, it didn't move me at all, unlike, say, Trauma's "I'm a Pumpkin Man".
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

CraigG wrote:unlike, say, Trauma's "I'm a Pumpkin Man".
WTF, i believe you.
I consider Trauma rmx one of the best ever made!
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Through my subterranean network of underground informants I got hold of a pre-mastered copy of this one before it was made public, and it truly rocks. Spotted the Stakka Bo influence straight off too. =)

As for the FF theme being included or not I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that neither Spooftraxx, The Honorabullies or the C64Mafia are in the business of making remixes. They're satirical musicians, and as such anything goes.

Of course I could be wrong and wake up with a dead horse in my bed.
Don Peppino
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Don Peppino »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Of course I could be wrong and wake up with a dead horse in my bed.
Don't worry, a living one in your bed for you :P
Don Peppino
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Haha...very cool track. I played it a few times on repeat. I like the very relaxed mood the track creates...but the lyrics promise something different. :twisted:

Great work! :)
masterhit

Post by masterhit »

Some of these songs are missing the point to pay homage to the original song being covered.

I'm not saying the rest of the track is not a well produced track in it's own right, but thematically in its music structure it is a huge departure from the original, the actual cover section is way too short before it deviates for your main audience - we aging c64 fans who liked the originals.

Gangsters in forests? It is meant to be scary music. It is a nice try but needs more of the original, being a cover and all.

My two pence...
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

masterhit wrote:Some of these songs are missing the point to pay homage to the original song being covered.

I'm not saying the rest of the track is not a well produced track in it's own right, but thematically in its music structure it is a huge departure from the original, the actual cover section is way too short before it deviates for your main audience - we aging c64 fans who liked the originals.

Gangsters in forests? It is meant to be scary music. It is a nice try but needs more of the original, being a cover and all.

My two pence...
Does that not include the lyrics which are meaningful to the game?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
masterhit

Post by masterhit »

dan gillgrass wrote:
masterhit wrote:Some of these songs are missing the point to pay homage to the original song being covered.

My two pence...
Does that not include the lyrics which are meaningful to the game?
No. Look, I think it is superb musically. However, it is unfair on the original artists and the fans (i.e. hardcore fans) of said artist if they see a track title and it turns out to be barely like it. It is one thing to change instrumentation, tempo and so on, but to just use the original as a hook to a different song.. well, that's not what the core audience expect.

That is meant as constructive criticism.
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

masterhit wrote:but to just use the original as a hook to a different song.. well, that's not what the core audience expect.
Thats what the Mafia do, their last couple of songs didnt even use a 64 tune as their base, just the lyrics meant somethng to the scene... its called "fun."

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)