Recording of BIT Live 2004 live feed?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Recording of BIT Live 2004 live feed?

Post by LaLa »

Did anybody record the live Slaygon radio feed from BIT Live 2004? I missed the first half of it. :cry:

I know it's gonna be on DVD, too, but it'd be nice to have the raw live performance.
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I recorded it for personal playback, if chris says its ok ill link you in once ive MP3 or Ogg'd it down to acceptable levels, at the moment its 3 files at around 800 megs each in wav format.

Like they said in the interval - BOOTLEGGERS !! FARK ORRF !! lol .... i almost wet myself lol ....
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

Well, I'd really appreciate a copy. I wouldn't want it for anything else but personal enjoyment, either. Chris knows very well that I'll buy the DVD, regardless. I think I bought everything else from the C64audio shop. :)

Besides, the audio feed was pretty low quality. I just want to hear the rest, too.
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

The audio feed was 128k m8 - i didnt record the lower quality streams.

Question then, do you want the full uncut unfixed streams, or the cut out tracks ?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The audio feed went out on the 128kbps channel, but the feed was 56kbps. Distribute it all you like to people for personal use. It's probably a good advert for the DVD when it arrives ;-)

If you'd actually SEEN madfiddler in that last song, and PPOT doing their "HEYs", you'd know it was a fitting climax :)

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ok, well, i wont be spreaddy like the wind Chris - the whole event takes 500 megs even mp3'd at 192k ..... that said, its way better than 3 gigs of wavs lol .... ive mp3'd the tracks so with your blessing (and the right names - see other thread re: playlist), ill make them available.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> ill make them available.
Er, can I go back and ask you not to put them on the web or anything. Perhaps just from your private FTP server in a non-anonymous capacity?

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Sure ! :) im happy either way ;) Private ftp it is :)
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

Chris Abbott wrote:The audio feed went out on the 128kbps channel, but the feed was 56kbps.
Well, the feed was encoded at 96Kbps, but we had some problems with the feed from the mixer at times, so the quality was not all that fantastic.

Which is pretty OK actually, since the people who were too cheap to go to the event didn't get a free lunch and the people who couldn't come at least got to experience some of it. :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I lost the stream a couple of times, but nothing to comaplin about, i was able to beatmatch most of the gaps in soundforge, you can barely tell...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

strange... the feed makes me sound out of tune in places... HOW CAN THAT BE? :P :P :P
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Easy, distortion in the space/time continuum - thats what they always blame on star trek, so go for it :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

LOL

"DO YOU HAVE THE HEADPHONES ON? OH STUPID TWAT"

What a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

HAHAHA, oh poor guy, thatll be in the "PRICELESS" category for years to come lol .... almost as funny as PPOT's start to warhark - oh i SO felt for em with that problem with the guitar and levels.

My m8 said "they were f'kin playin drunk, musta been pissin it up in the pub since like 10am lol" - oh dear lol ... Gotta love LIVE! events.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

madfiddler wrote:LOL

"DO YOU HAVE THE HEADPHONES ON? OH STUPID TWAT"

What a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hm. Was that me?
I remember saying something of that sort at some point in time for some unknown reason.