Richard Joseph

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

For fairly obvious reasons, I'm listening to CMU's "Space Cabaret" album. For those of you who don't know, in his early years Richard actually played guitar and sang in this prog rock band, and wrote some of the songs as well. It stands the test of time as a great prog rock release as well, and to hear him have the musicality even back then (he was 20 or 21 at the time) shows that you don't lose genius over time.

I did an article that never got published about his time as a prog rock legend - if anyone wants to read it, let me know.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Hey ho - I now have been forwarded details of the funeral, which will be held in France this Friday.

RJ's family have said that all friends are welcome, but rather than post the details on here, please PM me.

They have also asked that rather than sending flowers to the funeral, donations are made to the cancer research charities.

I'd love to go myself, but I have a course that day and I've got to be really selfish :( and go to the course which may help me get some work.

m
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Ahh, there's a picture I will treasure. I can't believe I almost had to part with my signed C64 to pay some bloody bill or other. :evil: Of course there's no way I will ever part with it now!

If this CD idea is going ahead and you want some RealSID recordings of Richards C64 tunes to include then send me a PM and I'll sort them out - tis the least I can do! Maybe the proceeds from the CD could go to a nominated cancer research charity (which gets my vote as my Mum recently underwent chemo but fortunately has made a full recovery).
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Kenz wrote:Maybe the proceeds from the CD could go to a nominated cancer research charity (which gets my vote as my Mum recently underwent chemo but fortunately has made a full recovery).
Thats a great idea...My Wife went through Cancer Surgery and we got fortunate.

Just over a week ago we found out my Father in law might have stomach cancer. Now my Wife and I are re-living everything.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Just listening to Sacred Armour of Antiriad. Someone visited back when this was just out, and had it - I didn't. I loaded it just before they left, and kept the '64 on for three days just so I could listen to that incredible title music over the weekend.

Gonna buy me some nicotine patches tomorrow, and really give quitting another stab. Maybe Rich can inspire me one last time, eh?

Mark, thanks for letting us know about the funeral, and the preferences for donations. Having lost a few family members to cancer, that's a noble place to send money.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
freakybun99

Post by freakybun99 »

Devastated.

Antiriad was the first piece I heard from Richard Joseph. I have fond memories of the first time I loaded up the game and heard that music. A memory for which I'm greatful he gave me.

Like loads of other people I was lucky enough to have spoken to him at BITlive and thought what a bloody lovely chap.

So young. My thoughts are with his family.

You'll be missed.
Dr-Duke

Post by Dr-Duke »

I was never able to met him. Definitively a great loss. I found something...

My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace, Richard.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Benn
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Richard Joseph

Post by Benn »

madfiddler wrote:
I'm very very sorry to announce that Richard Joseph passed away this afternoon.
I only just heard. Shit. Here's what I just sent to Andreas for posting on C64.com.
<i>
I never really knew Richard "back in the day" - it was only later, meeting through the 'retro scene' that we finally became acquainted, at which point I regretted not doing so earlier. Richard was a great example of a human being; intelligent, funny, and possessing the attribute that in my eyes forgives any negatives - a fine musican. What's more, one could tell instantly that he was a *decent* bloke, who certainly didn't deserve this tragic and untimely end.

Personally, I'm devastated, and my heartfelt wishes go out to his family and friends. His passing, I'm sure, will be regretted by many many more also, and he will be sadly missed.
</i>
Benn
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Damn, that's sad. Not much else I can say apart from that, and even then, it seems trite.

:(
Great, another set of strings ruined...
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Here's a German page about Richard's passing away: http://www.gulli.com/news/soundspeziali ... 007-03-06/
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

We loved that guy :)
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

So, Chris, People, what can we do by way of a tribute to Richard?

thoughts and idea's ...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

RetroMarkie wrote:So, Chris, People, what can we do by way of a tribute to Richard?

thoughts and idea's ...
Well, the physical CD route is fraught with complications. Best thing is to do a digital album on the forthcoming relaunched C64Audio.com, and maybe have some bootlegs of that at BIT Live with all proceeds from both things going to various Cancer charities.

Plus BIT Live is already dedicated to Richard, and also Pete Booth. Both gone before their time :(

Chris
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

RetroMarkie wrote:So, Chris, People, what can we do by way of a tribute to Richard?

thoughts and idea's ...
A lot of talent here!! We can do Music / Video / Graphics you name it.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120