Best of the best...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Best of the best...

Post by xo »

So I've bought a few CD's again (years between, admittedly), but what's your top picks for commercial remix CDs - and why?

What should be the top three picks of any scener? (not that the selection so large that you couldn't buy it all heh)
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Best of the best...

Post by Boz »

You know, that's actually a difficult question to ask, because all the CDs are good for different reasons.

But if you held me at gunpoint and demanded an aswer, I'd go for:

Reyn - The Blithe, The Blend and The Bizarre (it's Reyn having fun. Nuff said.)
Chris Abbott - Back in Time (the CD that started the whole thing off)

The third choice is the biyotch! It's either Instant Remedy (because it's a classic), Reyn's Galway Remixed (fantastic version of Yie-Ar Kung Fu II on it), or Remix64 Volume 1 (SID in an 80s stylee)!

I'll go for Remix64, just cos I love 80s music!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Yes it is a difficult question, I might be able to pick 1 or 2 tracks that stand out for me, from each CD I've purchased but I cant give a single answer.

Back In Time the Original CD is Special for me, which was my First Purchase... Than there is BIT 2 & 3, Remix 64 and v2, and Instant Remedy..

They are all special in their own way..

So I'm not going to single one out.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I find this question easy to answer bc there are many good CDs but only very few really stand out from the rest:

#3: Instant Remedy (bc most tunes could be played at a non-C64 party without anyone noticing the difference)

#2: Visa Röster - Vocally 2 (bc of Hanna Kappelin's beautiful voice - makes me cry)

#1: Marcel Donné - Sidologie (bc Donné is god)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I've not bought anything yet... but my top would be three CD's that I mixed up myself! ... with the new FLAC format, I might actually get just the tunes I like if that's possible because I like a bit of everything, and I don't like paying for stuff I do not like (which is always the case on albums).

A compilation I'd do would include both Marcel, Reyn, Instant Remedy, Makke, PPOT and many more... even stuff that are only on RKO!

But I guess this reply does not conform with the actual question, so IF I were to pick ONE that would appeal the most to me, it would have to be SIDology by Marcel Donne. The rest two I cannot say really...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).