MR H IS BACK ??????

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

MR H IS BACK ??????

Post by Sidman 64 »

I am talking about the one and only Rob Hubbard......
I have just installed Reason 4 and started to play around with the new features....
I then thought, will have a listen to the demo tracks and see how good they are, well guess who as done a demo track :roll: Rob....
Rob's done Commando for Reason 4 and must say its great, he as tried to keep the C64 type sounds going here but he uses
the brand new Thor synth to great effect for the leads etc.

I emailed Rob back in August, he replied asking what Seq I used to remix the tracks I did for B.I.T Live,
he also said he's been playing around with Reason which is great but the Seq is a bit on the basic side.
What he didn't say was he must of had Reason 4.0 and writing Commando on the bloody thing :lol:

If you are getting R4 you will be surprised as well....

Paul
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: MR H IS BACK ??????

Post by Chris Abbott »

There was a subtle announcement about this in another thread, but I guess it should have been a news item :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Retrovertigo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Retrovertigo »

Awesome. Can't wait to get it. :D
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Yeah! the bloody announcement should have been on C64audio.com, or RKO! :roll:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Remix64 is the news source in the remix community: unfortunately I forgot to post it as a news item.

The remix itself is available for free on the Reason website, if you follow the links into the new product.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Razmo wrote:Yeah! the bloody announcement should have been on C64audio.com, or RKO! :roll:
Hmm... I'd have a listen to it first before you get your panties in a bunch. It's not **actually** THAT good, IMHO... ;)
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris Abbott wrote:Remix64 is the news source in the remix community: unfortunately I forgot to post it as a news item.

The remix itself is available for free on the Reason website, if you follow the links into the new product.

Chris
Sorry Chris, but I did not make myself clear enough... what I meant was actually that it should have been released at one of these two sites... I know Hubbard went for the money paying solution and that Propellarheads hired him to do it exclusively for them... it's just that I find it a shame to have to go to propellarheads for this, when I feel he should be here with us... at the community... his true fans :?

Anyway, it's a good remix... though I don't find it smashingly incredibly good... an orange smiley from me here, with a down arrow actually... but that's my opinion :) ... funnily I also found the old Sanxion he did on a synth years back (Zzap 64 tape if I recall right?) was also a bit dissapointing to me... I like the C64 version better... it's more "hard"...

Nonetheless, I find it REALLY interresting to hear how he interpret his old classics... I can guarantee, that IF he ever do an album of his old classics, I'll buy it straight off!... not because of the quality, but from nostalgic reasons... and even though you do not seem optimistic on this aspect Chris, I think many would... and that would go for ANY of the old artists.
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

I must be blind (shouldn't have drunk that skogsstjärna (moonshine)), but I cannot find it on the P-heads website. Can anyone help an old and blind man?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

jgb wrote:I must be blind (shouldn't have drunk that skogsstjärna (moonshine)), but I cannot find it on the P-heads website. Can anyone help an old and blind man?
Allrightythen! hold my arm, and I shall guide you... you know the way to propellarheads homepage, so do that yourself... blind man! :lol:

Now in the top-left menu press WHAT IS REASON?, then press SOUND OF REASON... and then finaly scroll down that fancy demo-tune selector until you reach the thing :wink:

You can find your own way out... thank you.
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

I spoke to Rob by email yesterday and asked him abit more about the track etc.
This is part of the reply...

" The REASON guys asked me to do a kind of retro version of Commando using the 4.0 beta version. So
I had to learn it pretty quick. I tried to make it very close to the original, which is what they
wanted. I did create my own patches though ".

I think if you listen to the demo tracks on offer with R4, Rob's effect stacks up quite well...

Paul
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jgb »

Ah, quite well hidden! The search on the site could not find it, nor could google... :) Thanks Razmo.

Since I am a naughty boy, I saved the file from my IE cache for listening in an easier way than the integrated player in the P-heads website.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

jgb wrote: Since I am a naughty boy, I saved the file from my IE cache for listening in an easier way than the integrated player in the P-heads website.
Yes you were naughty and giving the secret away.... :bash:

Actually not much of a secret. :)

I like the way Rob is asked to do something for Reason, he knows nothing about it, starts learning it and makes a version of Commando that I couldnt even do if I wanted.. Especially with some of the automation and effects.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

jgb wrote:Since I am a naughty boy, I saved the file from my IE cache for listening in an easier way than the integrated player in the P-heads website.
Any Firefox users with a naughty streak would be well advised to install the LiveHTTPHeaders plugin. It's rather useful when you come across a website that prefers you to listen to music via a flash-based player rather than from the comfort of your own harddrive.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I must be blind, too. I downloaded the demo version, opened the demo songs folder, but... no Commando in there!

Can anyone share it as MP3 on http://www.speedyshare.com or something?

EDIT: Pleeease!!!
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FunkyM
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by FunkyM »

Oh Man...

I was waiting for the Drum break, around 1:46, and then he went and broke my heart...

It wasn't a drum break!

But yeah, awesome new version of Commando for the new reason.
FMI - Creators of Funky Monkey, Cozy Cat, and NEW! Thunder Horse!

Try our products today, you'll really Notice the difference!