Earthquake

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Earthquake

Post by tas »

North England was hit last this morning by an earth quake measuring 5.3 with the epicentre near market raisen.

WoW! what a wierd sensation that was, It woke me up and all i could hear was a forbidding deep rumbling sound and my bed started shaking and the wardrobe started rattling. You could feel the entire house move - very wierd!

Anyone else in the uk feel it?
annablack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Earthquake

Post by annablack »

Our bookshelves nearly went over. Then again thats probably as I built them and they are falling apart... It was fairly strong, I thought it was a bit much for the usual tube train rumble running underneath the house...

x
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Didn't make it down as far as south London... no detection here.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

People felt it around here, but not me and I was awake. I'm so disappointed, I feel like I've missed out, as I've never felt one before.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

tas wrote:all i could hear was a forbidding deep rumbling sound and my bed started shaking and the wardrobe started rattling.
That's called flatulence mate - happens all the time in my house! :wink:
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Lived through 2 larger earth quakes when I lived in Greece back in the 80's.

We lived in the basement and the earth quake so strong that I could barely walk to get outside. The higher you live in a building the worst you will feel the effects of the quake.

But flatulence is a good theory.

I'm glad everyone is ok.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

When I lived in San Diego I slept during a huge earthquake. Everybody talked about it the day after and I was like "what are you talking about, what earthquake.?" :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Slept through it, which I put down to the copious amounts of alcohol and lack of sleep on Monday.. major tragedy, MY VIDEO NOTEBOOK FELL OFF THE SHELF! HOW CAN I COPE? :duh:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

didnt feel a thing down in the sex of ess.

shame really im curious too how that must feel, seems its only the north of england that gets the weird stuff, tornado's, snow drifts, floods and now earthquakes.. whats next?

volcano? :o
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Nothing here in Bromley....

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

tas wrote:North England was hit last this morning by an earth quake measuring 5.3 with the epicentre near market raisen.

WoW! what a wierd sensation that was, It woke me up and all i could hear was a forbidding deep rumbling sound and my bed started shaking and the wardrobe started rattling. You could feel the entire house move - very wierd!

Anyone else in the uk feel it?
Exactly how it was here... I had just got in from work, shower, food etc and literally put my head on the pillow. Thought a bus had plowed into a house on the street at first. Worst thing was that after it for about two mins the house was "groaning"... didnt feel totally safe. I reckon it was the aftershock from those shits you used to take at my house Tas ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Infamous wrote:didnt feel a thing down in the sex of ess.

shame really im curious too how that must feel, seems its only the north of england that gets the weird stuff, tornado's, snow drifts, floods and now earthquakes.. whats next?

volcano? :o
How does it feel. It was odd really... A loudish bang followed by a deep rumble which lasted around 5-10 seconds. What was really odd was the feeling of it. You could feel the house move from inside. It felt like you were full of jelly and it was bouncing around inside of you. Thats the best way i can put it.

Quite a bizarre, surreal sensation really.

We don't really have earthquakes on this scale in the UK so it was quite a suprise really, First thought was that a jumbo jet was incomming.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

My experience was like being inside a fun house where the floor and walls are moving in different directsions and you are trying to run straight to get out, but are running like a drunk.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Michael
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Michael »