Wally Beben

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Wally Beben

Post by Vosla »

Very nice to have you onboard, Mr. Beben! :)
All is lost.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Fantastic to see you here Mr Beben, been a fan of the Tetris tune and your other work for years!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Heh, Now this is certainly a turn up for the books. I spend ages looking for him and he comes to me ;)

Welcome Wally, Another fan of your work. And with the poster above Foundations waste was a tune i remember so very well and with great fondness.

I was looking for you years back when doing the interview sections for R64 but failed and then tried again when doing the Revival ST CD which features a neat remix of Foundations waste by Sonic Wanderer and failed again.

Thanks for taking the time to come here, I'm sure we all appreciate it.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Hammerfist is one of my favourites! :P
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Hammerfist is one of my favourites! :P
Ha-ha!

Ha-ha!
You like Hammerfist!

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

This is great... I'm glad Mr. Beben has found us and actually registered... I hope he hangs around and shares more story's.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
seVeneleVen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by seVeneleVen »

Wally Beben, wow!
i've summer olympiad sub1 on my mobile phone as a ringtone for c64 related buddies. :hooray:
thierry

Post by thierry »

Wally ! , you're my personal hero, I hear your music every day, tetris is my favorite song in the Commdodore 64 .... :worship:

BEST regards!!

From Argentina

- Thierry -
neklopsis

Post by neklopsis »

Great job Mr. Baben . For me Tetris game music for c64 is the best melody of all times. I listened it my c128(same as c64 but with 5.25 Disk) when I played tetris. I could never forget it along my whole life. :worship: Thanks for it.

I've humbly tried to make a remix of this great sound . I would be honored if you listen and make a comment. I also appreciate others who are dedicated to making remixes of great c64 music. All comments welcome.

I've uploaded it to my sound cloud account. The link is https://soundcloud.com/neklopsis/cycle_of_life.
The Von Braun
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by The Von Braun »

:worship: I am not worthy!.Wally:Personal HUGE thank you for your work on the C64.Seriousily, it just blew me away.

Far more recently, i was engaged in what could looselybe described as a cough..'debate' on another forum about POKEY VS SID and i (and others) were trying to get across that whilst the A8 was capable of great game music (Hubbards JSW for example), the C64 did EPIC!.

Pokey crowd said define epic...guess which tracks got a mention? ohhh yes, Tetris and Darkside.