Looking for "Wings of Death" speech-samples

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Looking for "Wings of Death" speech-samples

Post by Amok »

Hi,

actually im working on a Wings of Death remix. I googled my arse off to find the original speech samples of the title tune but cant find anything. If someone have the samples or a idea where i can get them, please let me know...

thanks
Ic3m4n
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Looking for "Wings of Death" speech-samples

Post by Ic3m4n »

Yeah..a great game by Thalion :D

well...i searched with eMule & RapidSearch...also no luck.

Can´t you extract or record them from the game directly ? I am sure it´s a mod-file that you could open with any tracker.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Thanks, Iceman... :)

Unfortunately Jochen Hippel used his own sound format on the amiga. So its not possible to load the file into a tracker. I already have the original file and can play it in DeliPlayer. But i theres a pro-version of DeliPlayer needed to export in stereo. And a mono export has all the other instruments in the background and its impossible for me to get the samples filtered out... :(
Ic3m4n
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ic3m4n »

got a little something for ya ;) but the most important thing is missing...the "wings of death" sample :(

i splitted the subsongs and rendered them into waves...then i got one wave with the tune itself (i took the "w.o.d." voice from there, better than nothing)...the second wave had the laughing over a dozen times and that bang (both included in the rar)...and the third wave looks nearly the same like the second one, but with some kind of saw-waveform at the end.

anyway, here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/117087444/wod-samples.rar

maybe i did something wrong - any ideas how to get the main sample without the beats ?! Is there a way to also split the channels ?!

Edit: you could do a sample inversion...like you would do to get an acapella (if you have both: normal & instrumental version) - just an idea.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Thanks alot... i will try it out.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

I only need the left stereo channel of the original tune from 0:55 - 1:15. Beside the speech samples theres only a weird noise and i think i could filter it.
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

Don't know what it's called on other soundcards/solutions but with my X-Fi Platinum I just have to record "What U hear" and whatever is played (delitracker, winamp, wmp etc.) will be recorded.
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Looking at the Original files with a Hex Editor, I can confirm that it is a TFMX Format track. If the samples are not compressed, it should be possible to rip them directly from the TFMX Format into their RAW and converted to WAV or something.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

Analog-X64 wrote:Looking at the Original files with a Hex Editor, I can confirm that it is a TFMX Format track. If the samples are not compressed, it should be possible to rip them directly from the TFMX Format into their RAW and converted to WAV or something.
That's how I did it in old days: do a warm reboot and examine the ram for audio data (warm reboots didn't clear the RAM) and save that chunk of memory (using C-Monitor), open up the file as raw in Audio Master and listen for the sounds I wanted and save. Messy but it worked.
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Its been a while since I've done any kind of ripping. I'm doing some research on TFMX, seems there are Packed versions TFMX Songs.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Hello Guys,

thanks alot to all of you for your help. But Manuel has ripped all the speech samples without any other instruments. Dont ask my how, he just did it...

Thanks alot, Manuel... :clap:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Scyphe wrote: That's how I did it in old days: do a warm reboot and examine the ram for audio data (warm reboots didn't clear the RAM) and save that chunk of memory (using C-Monitor), open up the file as raw in Audio Master and listen for the sounds I wanted and save. Messy but it worked.
I had modified my KickStart v1.1 with a simple editing of a few bytes and when a Reset was done the Memory was not cleared like it would have normally.

On the C64 or Amiga, I would first Fill the available ram that programs would reside with something like AA, or AC, or BB, or AB or 00 something that I could identify. Than I would run the program I intended to hack into. I would than to a reset and View the Range of Memory where I had filled with my Known characters so I knew where the data was that I needed to save. Than I could start to do things like Rip Graphics and Sound.
Last edited by Analog-X64 on 24/05/2008 - 0:51, edited 1 time in total.