You know ur a remix nerd when....

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

You know ur a remix nerd when....

Post by dan gillgrass »

I started whistling the theme to Sanxion along to Spandau Ballet's Only When You Leave which happened to come onto the radio driving home.

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: You know ur a remix nerd when....

Post by RobinsonMason »

Let me add to that --- when you expose your family to C64 remixes on a weekend drive and your wife calls you a geek...but enjoys them anyway.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

When you play the latest W.I.P.s posted by members here, in the Car on a USB Stick while driving the wife somewhere. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

RobinsonMason wrote:Let me add to that --- when you expose your family to C64 remixes on a weekend drive and your wife calls you a geek...but enjoys them anyway.
Swap wife for Mother-in-law and that's me.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

... When you have several CD's full of the BBB podcasts in the car .....
... When your girlfriend (who never heard of a c64 before meeting you) starts whistling c64 tunes without realising ...
... When said girlfriend can recognise the name of a tune and/or the composer of a tune from a new remix ...

:D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Steve B wrote:... When your girlfriend (who never heard of a c64 before meeting you) starts whistling c64 tunes without realising ...
... When said girlfriend can recognise the name of a tune and/or the composer of a tune from a new remix ... :D
... tried both :)

...When your girl friend suddenly says "I like your version of One Man and his Droid better than Monty on the Run"... :)
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Steve B wrote:... When you have several CD's full of the BBB podcasts in the car .....
... When your girlfriend (who never heard of a c64 before meeting you) starts whistling c64 tunes without realising ...
... When said girlfriend can recognise the name of a tune and/or the composer of a tune from a new remix ...

:D
To be fair, I always considered myself a bit of a C64 geek back in the day, and I'd never heard the Crazy Comets, or even (gasp) the Last Ninja tunes (though I'd watched a friend play that game a couple of times), among others that are popular in the remix community ----- now from downloading the RKO torrents and cycling them on my MP3 I know so many remix-related tunes that they are starting to outnumber (or at least rival) the number of games played related tunes that have been in my head for decades. :o

Let's face it, there might be thousands of songs (among sound effects) in the HVSC, but --- and tell me if I'm wrong --- I get the feeling that many C64 remixers are more inspired by other remixes and a handful of famous C64 composers than they are by original songs from C64 games. Or perhaps it's just that the best and most catchy remixes tend to be of that nature - sometimes irregardless of the original SID tune's quality.

Nothing wrong with that, of course, but makes for some very recognizable tunes once you've been listening to the library of RKO stuff for a while. :P

Yes, I have a tendency to go off topic in forums I'm active in......
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

There are favorites in every type of music i think, wherever you go .. here its your monty's and ninja's over at ocr its gotta be sonic's icecap theme or final fantasy its just the way the media goes. Everyone has an interpretation of the thing that played in their heads and its nice to have the abilities to share the interpretation and we can all just pick out which one suits what we hear ourselves when we listened to it.. or do our own!.

I've not downloaded the torrent yet as it goes maybe i should dedicate a few nights to doing that (and seeding of course.. im not an animal :p)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

... your remix 64 music collection exceeds all other music collections you ever had, have and will have ever.

... you play raw SID music in your car or over the hi-fi system ALOUD.

... even your most ludicrous acquaintances (who dance naked in the rain) call your taste of music wierd.

... you talk about your preferred composer and everbody thinks you talk about Scientology.

... your shooting star has his music studio in a church. ;-)

... you have 20 interpretations from different people of an 8bit original music.

... even your mp3-capable mobile phone plays the original SID of 'Lightforce' as a ring tone.
All is lost.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Vosla wrote: ... you have 20 interpretations from different people of an 8bit original music.
...you have 90 versions of Axel F in your collection.
Check out my website.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Mordi wrote:
Vosla wrote: ... you have 20 interpretations from different people of an 8bit original music.
...you have 90 versions of Axel F in your collection.
That would be the definition of an remix Ãœber-nerd then... :wink:
All is lost.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Vosla:
Man, you just nailed me there.
spot on !
I C 64 People

Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Steve B wrote:Vosla:
Man, you just nailed me there.
spot on !
You have most ludicrous acquaintances who dance naked in the rain? :shock: :wink:
All is lost.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

You share and enjoy the same common interest with people you've never met who live on the other side of the planet. ;)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Vosla wrote:You have most ludicrous acquaintances who dance naked in the rain? :shock: :wink:
have you not met Kenz and Boz ?
I C 64 People