Last C64 Game You Played?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Last C64 Game You Played?

Post by RobinsonMason »

Simple thread, just tell us which game you last played (and when), if you liked it and why, and post a link from GB64.com (or similar site) to the title. Screenshot if you like.

Mine for today is The Bod Squad.

http://gb64.com/game.php?id=920&d=18&h=0 (file download is at "Latif" link)

A very lively and smooth game I'd never heard of and came across during a search. Supremely playable, with a great intro. The music is top notch, too! Enjoyed it yesterday evening with the VICE emulator and a USB game pad. Didn't get far before family interrupted, so I'll give it another go soon.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Last C64 Game You Played?

Post by Dumper »

A couple of months ago i gave Cauldron a try. I wanted to see if it was as tough as i remembered, and yes it's bloody tough.

http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=1323&d=18&h=0
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

nowhere near as tough as cauldron 2.. that game is a bouncy pumpkin loaded with donkey shit and filled with an explosive device just ticking away waiting to explode and severely mutilate the family dog in the FACE of a bastard.

I learnt the following swear words whilst playing that game as a youngster "shit" "fuck" "Censored.. because it really is too rude" and "bernard manning" the highest swear word of them all.

Hateful hateful game.. but I liked the music, and the inlay cover and the graphics were quite nice too, it lulled you in with its presentation and then soon as you was there leered over you like a sex criminal thats just escaped from the local mental hospital because he really was THAT dangerous, snuck into your house, eaten all the ham to really inconvenience you (especially if you got nippers.. what they gonna have now for pack lunch? DAMN YOU SEX CRIMINAL!!! DAMN YOU!!!, then stumbling into the living room to find you sat there going "ooooooooohhhh bernard manning i hate you little pumpkin fuck!!!!" back to aformentioned leer and then the obligatory bit of mess and finally the even more obligatory violation of your bloody remains... with his willy.

So .. i dont like that game much.

Last game i played was myth and ive been forced into it and I dunno what all the fuss is/was about fair enough the soundtracks "alright" jeroen had definitely done better than that in his time but the game.. is a whole millenia's worth of wtf moments.. still giant devil dude is kinda cool and for the time that was one BIG fucking sprite. shame they had to release the spear throwing flappy wanker afterwards woulda been more fun to fight the horny one. but cie la vie or however ya spell it.. im not french.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I bought Cauldron 2 too, and yes it's a nightmare to play. I enjoyed the first game the most as i found controlling the pumpkin in the second game too frustrating.
Infamous wrote:nowhere near as tough as cauldron 2.. that game is a bouncy pumpkin loaded with donkey shit and filled with an explosive device just ticking away waiting to explode and severely mutilate the family dog in the FACE of a bastard.
Infamous wrote:Hateful hateful game.. but I liked the music, and the inlay cover and the graphics were quite nice too, it lulled you in with its presentation and then soon as you was there leered over you like a sex criminal thats just escaped from the local mental hospital because he really was THAT dangerous, snuck into your house, eaten all the ham to really inconvenience you (especially if you got nippers.. what they gonna have now for pack lunch? DAMN YOU SEX CRIMINAL!!! DAMN YOU!!!,
That's the most articulate and wonderfully written game description i have ever read. :lol:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Boulder Dash. :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Batty, great little Arkanoid clone and a lot more forgiving than the Speccy version...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

downloaded Paradroid on the Wii, so been playing that for a while ...

http://gb64.com/game.php?id=5553&d=18&h=0

still as good as it was in the day
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

aye gotta agree with ya there steve, classic classic game
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Impossible Mission on my PSP... the Classic and new Enhanced versions.

The Intro.. "Another Visitor.. stay a while... stay forever" Was the reason I bought the C64. At the time I was looking at all the 64K computers that were available in North America, I think I was even considering a 128 Color Bannana Computer or whatever it was called. :)

In the End Impossible Mission sealed the deal.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I'm not sure which, but it's probably Wizball. I still love the game and play it every so often.

I'm sure you don't need a link or screen shot to know about Wizball.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

With the remake of Bruce Lee at hand I was tempted to play the original again - though only on the emulator - not quite the same as with the original bread bin and the trusty compeition pro but good enough. :)
All is lost.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Hey Vosla, not sure if you knew this, but they make these for the PC (USB), too! :)

http://www.vesalia.de/e_competitionusb.htm?slc=us

Vosla

Post by Vosla »

RobinsonMason wrote:Hey Vosla, not sure if you knew this, but they make these for the PC (USB), too! :)

http://www.vesalia.de/e_competitionusb.htm?slc=us

Yeah, I've seen that gadget but never came around buying it. Also have a conversion adapter which plugs into the parallel interface but that does only work for one joystick - there's also an USB version of that but frankly I'm fresh out of money.
All is lost.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

I know the feeling - I just purchased one of these just because of the $4.99 price and to have a joystick with buttons I can program as C64 function keys: http://c64walkabout.com/2009/01/29/prog ... nyone.aspx
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Vosla wrote:Also have a conversion adapter which plugs into the parallel interface but that does only work for one joystick - there's also an USB version of that but frankly I'm fresh out of money.
Got a link for the USB converter-thingy? I bought that Competition Pro USB - it works great with VICE, but frankly it feels more like a Zipstick (which I never liked that much) than a proper oldskool leaf-switch Kempston Competition Pro 5000.