Delta Mix-e-Load....Here's a thought......

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
StuC_Ovine
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Delta Mix-e-Load....Here's a thought......

Post by StuC_Ovine »

The IDE is functional but isnt that nice if your used to Visual Studio.

Luckily theres a nice third party IDE (free and paid version)

http://www.blide.org
StuC_Ovine
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by StuC_Ovine »

Ive put the FX system in, I'll post it later tonight. I can put some samples in but IM way out of my depth on getting the settings correct

The file format is a stright TEXT file ATM thus:-

FX-[STU]Gargle.fx
which contains (# at the start of the line denotes a comment)

Code: Select all

# type, dwRateHz, dwWaveShape
GARGLE,    8000 ,      1
You can stack the FX into 1 file so this is a gargling echo effect

FX-[STU]GargEcho.fx

Code: Select all

# type, dwRateHz, dwWaveShape
GARGLE,    8000 ,      1
#type, fWetDryMix,fFeedback,fLeftDelay,fRightDelay,lPanDelay
ECHO,      150   ,     0   ,      750 ,    750    ,0
I'll see if I can get a rudimentary editor done to help out some....

update - Ive implemented

Gargle
Echo
Chorus
Reverb
Compression
Distortion
Flanger

I'll post the details from the BASS help file
StuC_Ovine
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by StuC_Ovine »

CHORUSs

fWetDryMix - Ratio of wet (processed) signal to dry (unprocessed) signal. Must be in the range from 0 through 100 (all wet).
fDepth - Percentage by which the delay time is modulated by the low-frequency oscillator, in hundredths of a percentage point. Must be in the range from 0 through 100. The default value is 25.
fFeedback - Percentage of output signal to feed back into the effect's input, in the range from -99 to 99. The default value is 0.
fFrequency - Frequency of the LFO, in the range from 0 to 10. The default value is 0.
lWaveform - Waveform of the LFO... 0 = triangle, 1 = sine. By default, the waveform is a sine.
fDelay - Number of milliseconds the input is delayed before it is played back, in the range from 0 to 20. The default value is 0 ms.
lPhase - Phase differential between left and right LFOs, one of BASS_DX8_PHASE_NEG_180, BASS_DX8_PHASE_NEG_90, BASS_DX8_PHASE_ZERO, BASS_DX8_PHASE_90 and BASS_DX8_PHASE_180.

COMPRESSION
fGain Output gain of signal after compression, in the range from -60 to 60. The default value is 0 dB.
fAttack Time before compression reaches its full value, in the range from 0.01 to 500. The default value is 0.01 ms.
fRelease Speed at which compression is stopped after input drops below fThreshold, in the range from 50 to 3000. The default value is 50 ms.
fThreshold Point at which compression begins, in decibels, in the range from -60 to 0. The default value is -10 dB.
fRatio Compression ratio, in the range from 1 to 100. The default value is 10, which means 10:1 compression.
fPredelay Time after lThreshold is reached before attack phase is started, in milliseconds, in the range from 0 to 4. The default value is 0 ms

DISTORTION

fGain Amount of signal change after distortion, in the range from -60 through 0. The default value is 0 dB.
fEdge Percentage of distortion intensity, in the range in the range from 0 through 100. The default value is 50 percent.
fPostEQCenterFrequency Center frequency of harmonic content addition, in the range from 100 through 8000. The default value is 4000 Hz.
fPostEQBandwidth Width of frequency band that determines range of harmonic content addition, in the range from 100 through 8000. The default value is 4000 Hz.
fPreLowpassCutoff Filter cutoff for high-frequency harmonics attenuation, in the range from 100 through 8000. The default value is 4000 Hz.

ECHO

fWetDryMix Ratio of wet (processed) signal to dry (unprocessed) signal. Must be in the range from 0 through 100 (all wet).
fFeedback Percentage of output fed back into input, in the range from 0 through 100. The default value is 0.
fLeftDelay Delay for left channel, in milliseconds, in the range from 1 through 2000. The default value is 333 ms.
fRightDelay Delay for right channel, in milliseconds, in the range from 1 through 2000. The default value is 333 ms.
lPanDelay Value that specifies whether to swap left and right delays with each successive echo. The default value is FALSE, meaning no swap.

FLANGER

fWetDryMix Ratio of wet (processed) signal to dry (unprocessed) signal. Must be in the range from 0 through 100 (all wet).
fDepth Percentage by which the delay time is modulated by the low-frequency oscillator (LFO), in hundredths of a percentage point. Must be in the range from 0 through 100. The default value is 25.
fFeedback Percentage of output signal to feed back into the effect's input, in the range from -99 to 99. The default value is 0.
fFrequency Frequency of the LFO, in the range from 0 to 10. The default value is 0.
lWaveform Waveform of the LFO... 0 = triangle, 1 = sine. By default, the waveform is a sine.
fDelay Number of milliseconds the input is delayed before it is played back, in the range from 0 to 4. The default value is 0 ms.
lPhase Phase differential between left and right LFOs, one of BASS_DX8_PHASE_NEG_180, BASS_DX8_PHASE_NEG_90, BASS_DX8_PHASE_ZERO, BASS_DX8_PHASE_90 and BASS_DX8_PHASE_180.

GARGLE

dwRateHz Rate of modulation, in Hertz. Must be in the range from 1 through 1000.
dwWaveShape Shape of the modulation wave... 0 = triangle, 1 = square.

REVERB

fInGain Input gain of signal, in decibels (dB), in the range from -96 through 0. The default value is 0 dB.
fReverbMix Reverb mix, in dB, in the range from -96 through 0. The default value is 0 dB.
fReverbTime Reverb time, in milliseconds, in the range from 0.001 through 3000. The default value is 1000.
fHighFreqRTRatio In the range from 0.001 through 0.999. The default value is 0.001.

for reference :-
BASS_DX8_PHASE_NEG_180 = 0
BASS_DX8_PHASE_NEG_90 = 1
BASS_DX8_PHASE_ZERO = 2
BASS_DX8_PHASE_90 = 3
BASS_DX8_PHASE_180 = 4
StuC_Ovine
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by StuC_Ovine »

UNzip this into your current folder (main exe is back to being called DELTA.EXE)

You will see sample .FX files in the PACKS folder

http://baa.ovine.net/fx.zip
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

EXCELLENT! :D
Will be cool to creat some twisted effects ;)
When pressing spacebar, will there be a random on the fx aswell? Don't know if that is such a good idéa though if someone has made a really annoying fx that loops and loops and loops LOL :P
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
StuC_Ovine
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by StuC_Ovine »

No its doesnt/shouldnt randomise the FX channel, the FX channel stays on it current setting
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

skitz wrote:
StuC_Ovine wrote:Coding is done in BlitzMax
WOW! Just downloaded the demo of this and it's really quite neat! I might purchase a copy - Visual Studio sometimes feels like using a sledge to crack a nut and this is just so neat and tidy... I even like the IDE :P
Me too, I might have a go at playing with this myself.
smila
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by smila »

anyone got any new remixes then ?
woop tis a remaker
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

smila wrote:anyone got any new remixes then ?
Yeah, we really need to finish this demo off at some point. I have nothing new apart from the R1D1 Bass / DrumRiff I did.

I am also not entirely sure if we got anywhere further with the FX files?
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
StuC_Ovine
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by StuC_Ovine »

I havent done the editor but I have listed out whats needed in the .FX files (see files in the download)

Its a flat file that can be edited (see the packs folder)

Use the details I posted earlier in the forum for what has to be typed in. I haver 1 of each type as an example in the zip file.

These can be "stacked" in the same FX file. i.e. have chorus and echo filters

If theres enough interest I'll put the time in and do the editor.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

StuC_Ovine wrote:I havent done the editor but I have listed out whats needed in the .FX files (see files in the download)

Its a flat file that can be edited (see the packs folder) Use the details I posted earlier in the forum for what has to be typed in. I haver 1 of each type as an example in the zip file. These can be "stacked" in the same FX file. i.e. have chorus and echo filters If theres enough interest I'll put the time in and do the editor.
Hiya Stu, I think we can probably survive without the editor if we can somehow reload (and re-apply) the .fx file within the demo itself as tweaking the parameters in the file does not have any impact within the demo at the moment unless you completely reload it it seems (caching I guess) - is this possible.

One last thing is that I am really lost where we are on the "current" package and was wondering if you could upload a complete ZIP package of where we are today including all of the packs / .fx and exe?
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Just thought of this and have anyone made anything for it? :D
I had totaly forgot about it :P
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID