Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Vosla »

Infamous wrote: "i lyk tobee inta ting n stuf! t's lyk book n shiz omgz blatant!" :duh:
That's why I don't frequent so much german forums anymore. I don't expect elaborate essays in a forum but if the kids come home from school it's like WTF??!? and they are NOT using a code or slang... they simply don't have a grasp on grammar, punctuation, case sensitivity and even the right chain of events. And they get angry if not understood - "Duhnt u mock ma 1337 skillz!"
Well... what skills? To exceed yourself with placing the most typos in one sentence? Get your fingers stuck on CAPITALS? Or using a fake & lame leet-code no real hacker would use if he/she/it has a brain left to be ashamed... and even fail at that?

Nobody is perfect but for being taken serious as a longjumper you need at last to get your ass off ground, kids...
All is lost.
Hoylander

Post by Hoylander »

Hello to all. I'm Mikael, born -75 and lives in south sweden. Got hooked to gaming in the 80s, first with the Philips G7000, if anyone remembers that one? :D ...and during second half of the decade I got my Commodore 64 and spent countless of hours with it - been in love with the SID sound and game music since then.

Found this site today and thought it was really cool with a dedicated c64 music and more forum.

/Mikael
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome :cheers:
DaManiac72

Post by DaManiac72 »

Hello everybody,

I am a huge fan of the C64 and of course its SID chip. Since I have been digging the sound for so long I also wanted to contribute something to the scene. Once my new system is up and running I am planning to create some interesting stuff. Up til' now, my system has been low-end which made it "impossible" to achieve what I wanted. Once up and running I will continue my quest for improving the mastering technique and after that it's time for C64-remixing.

Who am I?
My name is Peter and I am born in 1972. I come from Sweden and I live on the Highlands of Småland. My main interests are music, travel and online gaming (FPS). I have been a frequent visitor (not poster unfortunately) here at the forum for many years and now I finally thought it was time to go a bit more "Hardcore" which led me to signing up and also to upload my first song. Other interests have kept me away from the music making for some time and since I recently, unwillingly, downgraded my internet connection (due to a move) I realised that it was time to focus more on music again.

I am very impressed with what people have created and uploaded here. Some stuff is top quality and I can admit that I enjoy your works wherever I go. I hope that you guys keep on contributing to this very scene, coz I just love what you guys do.

That's it for now. Apart from the mixing I also hope to become a frequent poster at the forums.

:cheers:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey Peter! Welcome aboard! :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Hi there, Peter! :)
All is lost.
Rapidkirby3k
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Rapidkirby3k »

Hello, people of Remix64! How's it going?

Of course, I never had an actual Amiga and C64 when I was a child, because I always grew up with a Windows/DOS computer. A few years later, however, I started going to ModArchive.com, which introduced me to modules, such as the songs from the Amiga Demoscene and the Modplug Tracker program.

The reason I decided to join Remix64? daXX's remixes for the most part. :D
Just the Rad'ster at Remix64!
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Welcome, Rapidkirby3k! :)
All is lost.
LuminousMonkey

Post by LuminousMonkey »

Ello, ello.

Name is Mike, born 77, long time listener of the C64 remixes. I grew up on the C64 and Amiga, lots of memories. Fan of the SID chip sound, recently been taking up drum lessons, just for the fun of it. Recently been tinkering with the Reason demo, bought two 6581 chips intending to have a go making up a Midibox SID.

I have absolutely no music talent, starting really late with it really, but I'm purely interested in just playing for my own fun. Must be going through my mid-life crisis a bit early or something.

Cheers
Chukkzter

Post by Chukkzter »

Hey everyone, Chukkzter, 33 from germany here... I was basically browsing the web to find some tunes to play in Audiosurf and I ended getting fascinated of this community here. I never owned an C64 but an Amiga 500 and I made only music for myself and the fun of it until now, I draw a bit though (lets just say my music skills are still less then my drawing skills but I like both for the sake of being creative)... and I was brought to both things through my old Amiga. :D

So yeah, nice place you have here. :cheers:

*makes note to finally try some songs in Audiosurf... I totally forgot about that over looking through these sites. XD Which is good I guess.
"I found the Treasure of Melee IslandTM and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!"
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

So great to see all these fresh faces... Welcome to one of the best forums on the internet.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I second that! Welcome! :cheers:
FatherJack

Post by FatherJack »

Hello. FJ here.

I grew up with my C64 and still played it when I was at college - we played a lot of Stunt Car Racer and did a sort of proto-multiplayer thing with Champions of Krynn, each of my housemates controlling a different character. I still play an awful lot of games, although on more recent hardware, but I still remember the music from the C64 games being the most memorable.

I am new to the C64 remix scene, though. I've messed about with music programs doing versions of 80s pop and some games, but nothing really of note. I came across SLAY Radio while searching for game music tunes for a mate who was doing a game music radio show and was surprised how many remixes were out there.

So, I thought I'd have a go, maybe post anything not too embarrassingly bad here so people can tell me if I'm doing it right.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Welcome all newcommers :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla