Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
No-XS

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by No-XS »

Hello ~

I am not so new :)

I can't seem to post in some forum threads (like releases etc). Maybe that I need to make 20 posts first?

Put this online yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN3Z6jNeXjc
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

Hello! I am Matt Smith, video game music fan and disciple of the Church of J Nash. Given the Nasher's well-publicised views on game music in general this may seem oddly contradictory, but hey, that's religion for you.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matt Smith wrote:Hello! I am Matt Smith, video game music fan and disciple of the Church of J Nash. Given the Nasher's well-publicised views on game music in general this may seem oddly contradictory, but hey, that's religion for you.
... and owner of possibly the most famous name in 8-bit/Sci-fi circles except for Scott Adams :) Well, welcome! (although I'm not sure who this Nash is of whom you speak).
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

Chris Abbott wrote:... and owner of possibly the most famous name in 8-bit/Sci-fi circles except for Scott Adams :) Well, welcome! (although I'm not sure who this Nash is of whom you speak).
Ah, yes; I perhaps should state just for the record that I never programmed Manic Miner, and I am not currently to be seen flying the Tardis on Saturday nights with a big chin. Hopefully this should prevent any internal misunderstandings.

J Nash, meanwhile, is probably more widely known to those who used Amigas than those who had C64s; he provided top-notch (and highly inspirational) writery in Amiga Power magazine and has since gone on to do all sorts of funny things. J Nash is excellent.
darkevildemon

Post by darkevildemon »

Hi everybody,

I am David a c64 sid's fan from the first hour but new on this site and happy to see all this activity about this great 8 bit machine.

I live in belgium and i am graphic designer and for two years remaker of old games.

You can see my wip and projects at these adresses

http://home.euphonynet.be/batman-remake/news.html
http://www.thegoonies.zxq.net/

If you want to work on a tune for one of our future remake (next is army moves), don't hesitate to look at this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7462 or to contact me by mail: david.vassart@gmail.com

Hope to listen to you soon!

David
spazrammer

Post by spazrammer »

Hi folks...

After many years skirting around the online 8-bit community (mainly cus im so busy with various projects) I have decided to join a forum that pretty much in essence reflects where, muscially, my heart has been since sitting down in front of the likes of Parallax, doing my homework in '87... not playing it so much, as listening to the music...

I'm sure there are many of us of that generation for whom the 8-bit deepness strikes a chord!! And its a joy for me to discover that the music itself is still resonating with youngsters today... that the strong connection I had/have with 8-bit/chip music seems to be something that, across the board, brings about a definite reaction in the listener... for some it opens doors and memories... instills visions of heroic fanfare and positive progression....

LEVEL - UP!!!!

I could ramble on but hey!!! Oh yeah... and for a year and a half I have been writing music on a Gameboy (stuff on Myspace is NOT current... too busy to slave to that beast!!) AND I am proud to say that for the same time, I have been running an event called Micro_Rave... mostly in Bristol... I wont go too much into that here except to say that its an interactive 8-bit video game where the headline act is saved from Robots by the crowd by winners of Dance-Offs and various video-game themed challenges ... all to 8-bit classics and chip-tunes of various craziness!!!!! (all plumbed through my lovely 6k rig!!!) copy and paste http://microraves.tumblr.com for past shows and more rambling!!!! or join facebook group 'micro_rave' (include the underscore) to see pics and keep updated on future 'raves!!!'

Heh!!! anyway, enough of the plugging!!!... I am just saying hello really!!

So... why here??? well.....

I have recently purchased MSSIAH on modded C64 and am keen to find out the best way to control it... Rotary Midi Controllers??? Ive got a psp screen adapted to take the RF signal so ~TV isnt too much of a hassle... (but blowing up SID chips IS!!! grrrr..)

anyway... anybody any ideas of best place to start a thread to go into this properly??

all the 8-bit best..... spaz....
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

spazrammer wrote:Hi folks...

After many years skirting around the online 8-bit community (mainly cus im so busy with various projects) I have decided to join a forum that pretty much in essence reflects where, muscially, my heart has been since sitting down in front of the likes of Parallax, doing my homework in '87... not playing it so much, as listening to the music...

I'm sure there are many of us of that generation for whom the 8-bit deepness strikes a chord!! And its a joy for me to discover that the music itself is still resonating with youngsters today... that the strong connection I had/have with 8-bit/chip music seems to be something that, across the board, brings about a definite reaction in the listener... for some it opens doors and memories... instills visions of heroic fanfare and positive progression....

LEVEL - UP!!!!

I could ramble on but hey!!! Oh yeah... and for a year and a half I have been writing music on a Gameboy (stuff on Myspace is NOT current... too busy to slave to that beast!!) AND I am proud to say that for the same time, I have been running an event called Micro_Rave... mostly in Bristol... I wont go too much into that here except to say that its an interactive 8-bit video game where the headline act is saved from Robots by the crowd by winners of Dance-Offs and various video-game themed challenges ... all to 8-bit classics and chip-tunes of various craziness!!!!! (all plumbed through my lovely 6k rig!!!) copy and paste http://microraves.tumblr.com for past shows and more rambling!!!! or join facebook group 'micro_rave' (include the underscore) to see pics and keep updated on future 'raves!!!'

Heh!!! anyway, enough of the plugging!!!... I am just saying hello really!!

So... why here??? well.....

I have recently purchased MSSIAH on modded C64 and am keen to find out the best way to control it... Rotary Midi Controllers??? Ive got a psp screen adapted to take the RF signal so ~TV isnt too much of a hassle... (but blowing up SID chips IS!!! grrrr..)

anyway... anybody any ideas of best place to start a thread to go into this properly??

all the 8-bit best..... spaz....
Micro Rave sounds like a great idea :) How many people do you get?

Chris
spazrammer

Post by spazrammer »

Usually between 50 and 100 people!!!

The 1 year birthday party back in May.... where we had Ceephax Acid Crew headline.... we had about 150... and we re-enacted Tetris in the moiddle of the dance floor with life-sized pieces as a puzzle the crowd had to solve!!!!!! yay!!! Its pretty funny!! Here is a youtube vid (copy and paste from below) of the build up to robot battle from Level 7 (where Cylob played a live set), but it doesnt really do 'being there' justice!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kM6N3_v2Qs

follow other micro_rave links on youtube for various bits n bobs.... documentaing has NOT been our strong point!!!

The robot battle proper has the music from BARBARIAN on the C64 played at hugely lower-mid bass levels... it rocks!!! Also, I trigger samples from AkaiMPC1000 for the games... though im usually in hysterics so much I keep forgetting to use them!!

We just ran an area in Shangri-La where we had Dance-Offs and Robot battles every night (Thursday to Sunday) and that was epic!!!

Got various events in the pipeline >>

SECRET GARDEN PARTY - 23rd - 25th July 2010
FIELD VIEW FESTIVAL - 6th - 9th August 2010
SHAMBALA FESTIVAL - 27th - 30th August 2010

also...

LEVEL 12 - Friday 3rd September 2010 - Bridewell Island - Bristol (£5)
Special Guests - 3D MAZE CREW (Assembly)
- providing an 8-bit journey of sound and vision... will we escape???
Plus... ROBOTRON 2010 - Who among you will rise to the challenge??
Rebel Hero Call-out.....
More to be announced....
ALY

Post by ALY »

Hi@ll! I started tracking on an A2000 (ca. 1994 whith the pro-tracker) ... than after a long time (ca. 2007) I found the freeware-tracker PSYCLE ... since that I try to do my best ... mastering isn´t my fav. but I think there are major probs :lol:

lg alex
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by buzzard »

I guess I should have introduced myself prior to getting involved elswhere on the site, still.... It's supposedly fashionable to be late :D

I began messing about with music on my old A1200 with a motorolla 68020 and 7MB of Fast RAM, remixing commercial tunes for fun and private parties.
I didn't do anything for many, many years whilst concentrating on my gaming career and not having the patience to learn Cubase , then rediscovered the love of my life in the revamped MED Sound Studio.

After listening to Slay Radio for many years and filling my mp3 player from Remix64, I figured it was time to make my own contribution and share some of my attempts to join those who inspired me in the first place.

All I'm capable of doing at the moment is fiddling about with the knobs on my VSTs and entering notes into MED. I then spend the rest of my time listening to other uploads and wishing I could achieve sounds like that!
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

`ello ! :D

Been around here on amigaremix.com and 64remix.com since...well, quit a while. Giving the best I can to...ähmmm...evaluate the Songs that you Musicians are sharing with us. (Never Mind if I failed sometimes - it`s just a matter of taste anyway :nod: )
So in search for a new Forum, since the "RomUlation" Forum is flooded with Kids and massive nonsense referable to "what they call-"-RETRO, I thought I give this one over here a try. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, at least there are lots of great Musicians registered in this Forum, which I call my absolute Fave-Remixers (Daxx, Mekke, Amok, XXdusty, Awesome,Amigamer, Putzi...)...and that makes it more fun to join you.

So, well...my english isn`t the greatest. There might be sometimes a maelstrom of "WTF does SHE MEAN???" - just point it out, okay ? :hysterical: I surely can avoid with it. :)

So........HELLO EVERYooone!
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

SarahKreuz31 wrote: So in search for a new Forum, since the "RomUlation" Forum is flooded with Kids and massive nonsense referable to "what they call-"-RETRO, I thought I give this one over here a try. :cheers:
Good call. This forum is *packed* with mature people. :rofl:
Check out my website.
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by buzzard »

Mordi wrote:
SarahKreuz31 wrote: So in search for a new Forum, since the "RomUlation" Forum is flooded with Kids and massive nonsense referable to "what they call-"-RETRO, I thought I give this one over here a try. :cheers:
Mature is a bit ambitious..... Older and wiser with a complete refusal to really grow up more like... :lol:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

buzzard wrote:
Mordi wrote:
Mature is a bit ambitious..... Older and wiser with a complete refusal to really grow up more like... :lol:
You can't tell us what we are! You have cooties!! :nonono: <-- your Dad

;-)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Mature? Old maybe... but not mature... :rofl:

Ah, well. Bad joke. Welcome aboard, then ! :cheers:
All is lost.