Psygnosis anniversary album by Tim Wright

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Psygnosis anniversary album by Tim Wright

Post by Jim Power »

I thought this might be of interest to some of you - Tim Wright, composer of popular vintage Psygnosis soundtracks (e.g., Shadow of the Beast 2 & 3, Lemmings, Agony, Leander, Awesome, Aquaventura and many more) is planning to celebrate Psygnosis' 25th anniversary by producing a remix album with music from the days of 16-bit gaming. You are even invited to vote on the tracks to be included: http://www.icecubes.org.uk/vote/ (open until May 31)

Tim revealed a few more details in a recent interview with Square Enix Music Online.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Psygnosis anniversary album by Tim Wright

Post by Steve B »

voted :D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

How splendid! Thanks for the heads-up, Mr Power.

Nifty to see that the in-game music from Beast 3 is being considered for remixing, and the music from the Mega CD version of Microcosm; the game may have been a hair-tearing disaster on every format, but I always liked the Mega CD tunes, especially on the first level. I shall go and vote right away.
A-Note

Post by A-Note »

It says in http://www.icecubes.org.uk/vote/ that mr. Wright made the tunes with Amiga using Fast Tracker. I thought that Fast Tracker was only available to PC. Was there really Fast Tracker to Amiga?

Edit:

Of course it's possible to work with PC's Fast Tracker and save the modules into Amiga's Pro Tracker format.

Edit: Ooops! I tried that link above again, and there wasn't anything about making music with Fast Tracker.. I must have read it somewhere else. :-)