Looking for the lyrics to Keep Da Scene Alive

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
KennyMan666

Looking for the lyrics to Keep Da Scene Alive

Post by KennyMan666 »

Good day to you, fellow chiptune fans. Apparently I signed up at this forum back in the day and made exactly one post.

Anyway, I'm into karaoke. I love singing. I'm part of two Swedish associations that do that kind of stuff (one of them with weekly meetings here in the noble city of Gothenburg), and we make our own karaoke tracks. So I recently decided to start doing some tracks of C64 remixes that actually has lyrics. As such, I did two Makke songs and Comic Bakery (Larger than Pop). However, I want to do the wonderful tribute Giana Sisters (Keep Da Scene Alive) too, but Google has been less than helpful in locating the lyrics to it. I can't hear some of the things that's being sung in it, so I'm having problems with transcribing it myself. Thus, I wonder if anyone here might have said lyrics lying around somewhere? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Bättre en fågel i handen än tio i gjutjärn.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: Looking for the lyrics to Keep Da Scene Alive

Post by Makke »

Hey! Feels nice to have been karaoked (is that a word?). ;)

The lyrics are as follows - I didn't double check the spelling of the name though, because I just wrote it all down from my head, so you might want to cross check that.
HYEAH!

It's time to press play on tape 'cus
Here comes the SID attackers
Yeah!
Going out to the remix trackers
Yeah!
Respect to the man with a SID in his hand
You've got to dance with your feat to the Commodore beat
C'mon!
Respect to you with 64 as IQ

There's no need to push, there's plenty of room for everyone

Here comes the heroes

Rob Hubbard
Galway
Daglish
Whittaker
Joseph
Hülsbeck
Cooksie
Laxity

Fred Gray
Danko
Gilmore
Schneider
Norman
Jeroen Tel
Reyn Ouwehand
and Future Freak

Walker
Stember
Bjaeregaard
Barry Leich
Drax
The Follins
Deenan
Clark
Yip
Doc
and FAME

It's time for the remixers of the world

Instant Remedy
Larsec
Feekzoid
LMan
Donne
Sonic Wanderer
Abbott
Glyr R Brown
O2
Mahoney
Valden
And DHS

C'mon

N-JOY
Makke
THC
Sumppi
Dead Guys
Detert - AGAIN
Schneider - AGAIN
FTC
Breebaart
Marchine Supremacy
And Press Play On Tape

C'mon! Yeah!

And of course to everyone who keep the scene alive
Like Slaygon, Neil and Don Kwed.

Keep the scene alivee/quote]
If I remember correctly, I recorded the vocals for this in a few different takes, and Thomas Detert was mentioned in both heroes and remixers in one. But in the final version he's only in the remixers section, making the AGAIN! shout a bit strange. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
KennyMan666

Re: Looking for the lyrics to Keep Da Scene Alive

Post by KennyMan666 »

Makke wrote:Hey! Feels nice to have been karaoked (is that a word?).
We tend to sometimes use "karaoke" as a verb when we're talking about making the tracks, leading to us saying things like "Jag borde karaoka den där" (though our generally accepted, not-making-verbs-out-of-nouns term for doing it is "tidskoda"). :P

Much thanks for the lyrics! I shall get right on it, since my plans for driving to the store and buying dinner were postponed due to weather. Totally going to sing these on Tuesday (the other of your songs I made were Lazy Jones, which probably is my favourite of your remixes, and Artura since it's just awesome).
Bättre en fågel i handen än tio i gjutjärn.