Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Post by Jim Power »

Hey there - it has been rather quiet here for a while, so I figured I just post a little update on what is going on. Almost all of the tracks for "Immortal 4" have been recorded in the meantime, so I am optimistic that the album can finally be released this summer... in case you are interested in listening to one of the album tracks right away, just head over to the website of legendary programmer and games creator Al Lowe: http://www.allowe.com/Larry/musicdownload.htm. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find an mp3 of my arrangement of the classic theme from "Leisure Suit Larry" there, featuring Al on the sax. Enjoy & please stay tuned! 8)
Attachments
allowe.jpg
allowe.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 47654 times
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by pepak »

Sounds great! Looking forward to the CD.
lem79
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by lem79 »

Wow an Immortal 4 :worship:

Tease us with the tracklist? :D

*wonders if the note on AmigaRemix this morning might have something to do with Immortal 4* (in bold below since using quote tags didn't seem to work, always got a duplicate close tag??)

2010-05-11 01:01:42 · Batch release

The queue has finally been processed and there has been a BUNCH of tracks released, so do enjoy.

Also, keep your eyes on the site in the coming few months, since there might happen some things when you least expect it.... ;)
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Don't think so since Ziphoid has plans to redo amigaremix.com for a while now. I guess there will happen something in the next time... :wink:
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Hi Lem, that recent post on AmigaRemix is actually unrelated to the production of "Immortal 4". The tracklist is almost complete though and I am hoping for a release in summer 2010. I won't give away all of the titles just yet, but when you browse through this thread you will notice I already revealed a number of featured composers / games: Jean Baudlot, Mark Knight, Raymond Usher, Tim Wright (Lemmings), Matthias Steinwachs (Flink), Michael Davis (First Samurai), Tim Follin (LED Storm), Nicola Tomljanovich (F17 Challenge), Jolyon Myers (Final Fight), and Al Lowe (Leisure Suit Larry). Want some more? How about Chris Hülsbeck, Allister Brimble, Jason Page, Olof Gustafsson, or Martin Iveson? Just hang in there a little longer, I promise it will be worth the wait...
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Just checking in to tell you all that I'm actively working on the CD. Lost Patrol is finally coming along and starting to sound the way I want it to.
In avarage, a remix takes about 2 months to complete currently. I only have time to spend on the music during weekday evenings so I don't get too much done quickly. When I made remixes full time last year, a remix was done in 2 weeks.
I didn't spend that much time on the SID remix album, that's for sure.
Nowadays, I try harder to find new angles and ideas for the remixes. Quality is more important this time around too. Every remix I make I try to top the previous one so I put a lot of stress on myself.

Album art may be ready next week if everything goes smoothly so hopefully I will be able to post a preview here.

The CD will be quite packed, the plan is to have 11 of my remixes (2 are medleys) and 3 bonus tracks made by guest remixers. I'm currently at the end of remix number 8 so 3 remixes left to do after this. A release for 2010 is realistic but I can't say 100% sure.
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by pepak »

So, how's the progress? I am really looking forward to the album!
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Ok, so the progress is halted for me for some time now.
Lost Patrol is finished and came out the way I wanted so I'm satisfied. I've been photographed by a friend so there will be some nice photos for the album and promo. I have yet to write some texts for the remixes, what my thoughts were with the remixes etc.

The summer is the time of house related projects for me. We are renovating the facade preparing it for painting and a "uterum" (a glass room outside the house) is going to be built. Although I'm not doing all the work, preparing for the workers takes a lot of time and effort.
Also, I've been enjoying some time off from the computer on vacation and the weather was good.

I will be digging into remixing again in september.
Thanks for being patient :)
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Take you time, don't rush like me. When I am finished with a track I release it instead of collecting a few to release as a cd :P

Looking forward to your stuff :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Instant Remedy: Excellent news, just take your time to enjoy the summer and other non-computer-related things life has to offer :)
Then, when you return to the to-do -list of remixes for the CD, you'll notice it's just a bit easier to come up with new stuff and beat your previous mixes for the forthcoming CD.

And for the record, as you referred -in your r64 interview- to my r64 interview back in 2001, here's my reply: I didn't mean and I never will mean that you fit to "that category" ... :)

What are your likes/dislikes about remixing c64 music?

Dislikes: I totally agree with Ferrara: "cheap danceremixes. Dancemusic, house, trance etc are my favourites and there's nothing wrong in doing C64 covers and remixes in those genres. However I feel there are too many "dance" and "techno" remixes out there where the arranger has taken a too simple and easy approach to making the music. "
Hopefully I don't fit in that category myself...

Best wishes,
-fer
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Thanks boys for your words, although I wish I could more like you Trace and release tunes more frequently. 2-3 years between releasing stuff is a long time. I miss the feeling of uploading a tune just after finishing it, looking at comments and discussing etc. I'll have to do that some day too.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Here is a short update regarding the "Immortal 4" album: the tracklist is finally complete and the recordings are on their way to Pauler Acoustic for mastering. Here is the complete list of games that you will find on this volume:

Atomino, Benefactor, Big Run, Cannon Fodder, Capital Punishment, Dangerous Streets, F17 Challenge, Fascination, Final Fight, First Samurai, Flashback, Flink, Fury of the Furries, Future Wars, Gauntlet 3: The Final Quest, Jaguar XJ220, LED Storm, Leisure Suit Larry, Lemmings, Liberation: Captive 2, Paradroid 90, Puggsy, T-Zero, Tales from Heaven, TFX, Turrican 2, Ultimate Body Blows, Walker, Wing Commander, Wolfchild, Zarathrusta, Zeewolf, Zeewolf 2: Wild Justice

I am pleased to announce we will be collaborating with German distributor MAZ Sound Tools (e.g. "Symphonic Shades") to bring you this massive CD set. Visit http://www.maz-sound.com/Immortal/ for exclusive previews and pre-ordering. "Immortal 4" is scheduled for release in December and will be exclusively available through the MAZ online shop for the first month.
Attachments
preorder.jpg
preorder.jpg (69.41 KiB) Viewed 46784 times
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Great news!
Do we have an estimate on costs for the set?
All is lost.
lem79
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by lem79 »

Can't preorder Immortal 4 from behind my proxy :(

http://www.maz-sound.com/Immortal/en/Preorder/
Error

There was at least one problem with your submission which is probably not immediately correctable. Please come back and try again later.

* Attempt from a banned email address, host or domain! (192.168.1.2)
Using no proxy fixed that though, preorder complete :)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Woah, now that´s what I call a good Tracklist, so many beloved Games. :cheers: