Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Fusion

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Fusion »

Hi,I'm new here.Wishing a good journey with you guys! :D
Last edited by Fusion on 25/09/2010 - 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Hillsman

Post by Hillsman »

Hi,

New to the forum, though not new to Remix64. Chanced upon some C64 remixes back in 2000, though back then, I preferred listening to original SIDs and I guess I've been building my SIDplay playlist ever since! About 70% of the music I listen to is either game soundtracks and "chip music"!

It was only when I ordered Back in Time 3 a few years back that I took a closer look at Remix64 / KWED / RKO and started getting into the Remix scene. I haven't heard all there is to hear (SLAY Radio helps :nod: ) but it is fantastic that there are so many excellent remixes out there and great to see so many of the creators on this forum - my personal thanks to people like Slaygon, Amok, Hazel, Peter W, Makke, Feekzoid, Instant Remedy, Sonic Wanderer, Mahoney, Trace, Mordi, LMan, Visa Roster, Reyn Ouwehand and all the rest)

I couldn't put 2 notes together myself despite years of listening and wouldn't have a clue how to even begin to produce a remix of my own. Hopefully, I can make some contribution by being active on this forum and adding to my collection of CDs from C64Audio!

ATB,

Hillsman
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Welcome Hillsman and Fusion! :cheers:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hillsman wrote:Hi,

New to the forum, though not new to Remix64. Chanced upon some C64 remixes back in 2000, though back then, I preferred listening to original SIDs and I guess I've been building my SIDplay playlist ever since! About 70% of the music I listen to is either game soundtracks and "chip music"!

It was only when I ordered Back in Time 3 a few years back that I took a closer look at Remix64 / KWED / RKO and started getting into the Remix scene. I haven't heard all there is to hear (SLAY Radio helps :nod: ) but it is fantastic that there are so many excellent remixes out there and great to see so many of the creators on this forum - my personal thanks to people like Slaygon, Amok, Hazel, Peter W, Makke, Feekzoid, Instant Remedy, Sonic Wanderer, Mahoney, Trace, Mordi, LMan, Visa Roster, Reyn Ouwehand and all the rest)

I couldn't put 2 notes together myself despite years of listening and wouldn't have a clue how to even begin to produce a remix of my own. Hopefully, I can make some contribution by being active on this forum and adding to my collection of CDs from C64Audio!

ATB,

Hillsman

Sounds like a magical plan to me ;-) Welcome to the exposed light of day!! ;-)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
RGKooper

Hello from Vienna/Austria

Post by RGKooper »

Hi @ all! =)

I'm R.G.Kooper, 30 years old, musician from Vienna/Austria.
I play drums,bass,keyboards and guitars and sing in my punkband THE SALT DEPARTMENT

Since I'm very open to all different kinds of music there are many heroes and influences to me, mostly rockbands and acts from the 80s, but also from the C64-days like Markus Siebold and Chris Hülsbeck, among many others of course.

That's why I enjoy the tributes on this site very much - and I'm very happy to be (a little!) part of it.

And just let me say thank you to the positive and negative critics I earned already - (thank you Markus!!!) while I have to ad - according to the "quality"-critics - that I simply do not have the possibilities for better mixing and sound and have to use rather unconventionally ways of recording - but I hope you enjoy it any way :)

Greetings..oh and.. :worship: for this site!!

Cheers,R.G.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria

Post by Ziphoid »

RGKooper wrote:Hi @ all! =)

I'm R.G.Kooper, 30 years old, musician from Vienna/Austria.
I play drums,bass,keyboards and guitars and sing in my punkband THE SALT DEPARTMENT

Since I'm very open to all different kinds of music there are many heroes and influences to me, mostly rockbands and acts from the 80s, but also from the C64-days like Markus Siebold and Chris Hülsbeck, among many others of course.

That's why I enjoy the tributes on this site very much - and I'm very happy to be (a little!) part of it.

And just let me say thank you to the positive and negative critics I earned already - (thank you Markus!!!) while I have to ad - according to the "quality"-critics - that I simply do not have the possibilities for better mixing and sound and have to use rather unconventionally ways of recording - but I hope you enjoy it any way :)

Greetings..oh and.. :worship: for this site!!

Cheers,R.G../quote]
Welcome, R.G. :) I felt this topic belonged in this thread instead so I moved it into here, if that was ok. :)

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

// Ziph
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

RGKooper

Post by RGKooper »

thank you =)
spoonwzd

Greetings!

Post by spoonwzd »

Hi All,

I thought it was about time I joined the community - I've been a regular follower of the new releases on amigaremix.com for many years now and have many of the tracks on my ipod which are regularly played in the car!

I'm a 35 year old technical consultant from Exeter in the UK and was heavily involved in the Amiga demo scene during the early 90's.

Those who remember those times will know me as Echo from the UK group LSD. I was responsible for many Grapevine tunes and was the concept designer and music creator of the now infamous Jesus On E's demo.

After a few years off I'm actively writing music again purely for pleasure, and it is my intention to create some Amiga mod remixes to give something back to the community - watch this space!

Cheers!
SpoonWizard

Photography Gallery: http://www.grahamgray.com
Blog: http://www.spoonapedia.com
YouTube Amiga Demo Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/spoonwzd
YouTube PC Demo Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/spoonwzdpc
Latest tunes: http://soundcloud.com/spoonwizard
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Welcome aboard, people! :D
All is lost.
Echo51

Post by Echo51 »

New kid on the block :D im not even old enough to have had a C64, love the music style though ^^ been lurking at RKO digging their Quaterly torrents :)
gslapp

Post by gslapp »

Hi Folks!

Again, another lurker - although a fairly active musician.

My recent upload has prompted me to take a bit more of an active part in the community. Thanks to all of those who have voted and posted comments for my new "Delta 2010" mix. http://www.remix64.com/track/graeme_slapp/delta_2010/

All very much appreciated! :)

Graeme Slapp
KKnight

Post by KKnight »

Ello ppl!

My name is Ken.
Well what can i say about myself...
I'm a proud owner of C64 and a couple of Amiga 500 and 600.

found this site throu SLAYradio.

Love the remix scene thou :)

Well well ask and i will answer in the best way a can :)

Cheers!
KKnight

Post by KKnight »

Thanks SarahKreuz31 :)
marko river

Post by marko river »

Hello to everyone. I'm an long time C64 junkie and been listening to remixes for years. It was about time to join.

For the moment I write reviews of old games, hopefully I will remake few or make new ones with old-school spirit. No skills in music though, so I can only be listener...

Looking forward to hang out with you people :D